Official Blog Launch


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Vero Beach
March 16th 2009
Published: March 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to the Ultimate Road Trip travel blog launch. I will be working on this over the next few weeks so that it will be ready to rock when we are.

I have been planning this trip using forums, tourism sites and many library books. The following are links that will be useful to those planning their own adventure.

TravelBlog
Fodors Information from those who have been there, great books.
National Parks Service Information on Grand Canyon, Canyon de Chelly and Yosemite
Recreation.gov Reserve your place under the stars.
TheDirtyLoad.com Might need this one after camping...
AAA Very helpful guidebooks and directions.

Update:


3/29/09 - We have tested the camp stove and tent. They both seem to be in working condition although the tent needs some attention after its last use at the Pig Roast.
3/30/09 - I received payment confirmation for our whitewater rafting trip on the Merced River, just outside of Yosemite park.

In the event that we don't return from our Grand Canyon hike here are our photos for 'Missing Persons'.






Advertisement



14th April 2009

Have Fun
Have a great time and be safe! This is a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.
16th April 2009

Wahooooo!
You go girl. This is one hell of an adventure. I am jealous, and love that you are doing this. Thank you Pete for taking her and protecting her on your wonderful voyage. By the way, the joke and the two pictures made me LOL. From Culver's old and once adventurous Uncle. T
17th April 2009

Now that you are
25 -does that mean you WON'T get carsick for the ten hour drive to Memphis ? Going to Graceland Going to Graceland though I think Elvis has left the building.
18th April 2009

Quote of the Day
"BEFORE ELVIS,THERE WAS NOTHING" John Lennon,1970. Now that youve read your free USA Today beside the Guitar Shaped Pool ! you'll probably go to the Zoo and watch the Snake Feeding at 1:15 !! Kid you not. That was a long long drive yesterday so relax and watch the free Elvis movies at your hotel 24/7 !
18th April 2009

Holla Back
MM Nope, I still have to be careful about reading in the car...and the Lennon quote is on the Days Inn sign!
20th April 2009

Marathon Monday in Boston
Can't find your Graceland Entry from yesterday and now I can't find you ! Texas with sage brush or Albuquerque with serapes ? You guys are really Out West Now !
25th April 2009

Wow----How lucky are you guys!
Hey, Culver and Pete, sounds like you are having a great trip. So cool that you can share it with us like this. Please take pictures of Pete on the horse----I remember when he had a pony at one of his birthday parties! Have fun----be safe! Love from the Murrays!
4th May 2009

What a trip! Guess you're in Yosmite and have lived thru white water rafting. Hope you wore your water wings. Thanx for sharing the trip with us. It's been great.
4th May 2009

hi culver and pete
hay kids,,,,what an adventure you are on,,,so happy for you both that you are taking this journey,,,one that you will never forget,,,this one is going to be in the memory bank forever,,,be safe,,,love your blog,,enjoy and enjoy,,,love to you,,,ali and harlan xoxoo

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb