Titusville, Fl Nov 2nd


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Titusville
November 2nd 2010
Published: November 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

It has been over almost a Month since our last update but we have not had much internet service and stay busy. Whoever said cruising was just sitting back sipping drinks and watching the Dolphins was mistaken. Between boat maintenance, filling tanks with water and diesel, walking several times 2-3 miles each way for food and various other items you day is full.

We left Elizabeth city on Oct 9th and went to Belhaven, Oriental and then Beaufort NC. Some of these days are 10-12 hour days on the Intra Coastal. At Beaufort NC we picked up a part we had sent into the Maritime museum. At 12:30pm we left Beaufort NC and went offshore to Masonboro inlet at Wrightsville Beach NC. It was about a 13hour offshore sail.
The next day we went to South Port NC and met back up with Al & Mary some friends we had met in Elizabeth City NC. We stayed two nights at the Provisioning Company docks. There was a two day King Mackerel fishing tournament so we went and watched the weigh in.


We then traveled to Georgetown and on to Charleston Harbor. We stopped in Charleston to resolve some fuel problems which seemed to be only replacing the fuel filter.
From there we went to Edisto Beach the place we consider home. We spent three days at the Tyson dock and saw David, Linda and DD. We also met Charlie Hawkins again who was down for a week. She is a great lady any she as many others opened up their homes for us.

We also met Rita brown (Judge) and her husband Charles Ray. (forgive some of these spellings if they are incorrect) And Harriet who caught her first fish and Carol helped her clean it.

All of the above met at Charlie’s place on Thursday evening for a fresh caught seafood feast. They prepared fresh caught spot tail and Sheaphead (fish). We also had shrimp and various other great foods.
On Friday evening we went back again and had steak and took showers. They all said we smelled much better.

Our friends Al & Mary were going to try and meet us in Edisto but they had engine problems and ended up spending about two weeks in Beaufort SC area getting it fixed and back in order.

We left Edisto Island on Oct
David Leading WorshipDavid Leading WorshipDavid Leading Worship

You can see his Luthern background coming out. He likes to call this his Moon River Service.
23 and pushed hard to try and make the last shuttle launch scheduled for Nov 1st. We traveled 7 straight days for sunup to almost sundown. We went my St. Simons Island, Jacksonville Fl, St Augustine Fl, Stayed a night at Ft. Matanzas and arriving at Titusville Fl on Oct 29th. We wanted to arrive a few days early so we could get a good spot.

We spent 7 days on the boat without our feet touching ground so it was nice to take the Dinghy in to shore and stand. Now the launch is rescheduled for Nov 3rd so we are reprovisioning and doing maintenance. They have bus service and $2 showers here at the marina. We have gone grocery shopping, Walmart and the store for boat parts. Titusville City marina is very nice and friendly. The dinghy ride in and out can get a little rough when the ICW gets a little choppy.

After the launch we plan to go south to Delray Beach area and spend a few weeks with Carol’s mother.

So Cheers to all and keep in touch!

Ron & Carol



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Some of the Edisto GroupSome of the Edisto Group
Some of the Edisto Group

Charlie and the guys
Fort MatanazeFort Matanaze
Fort Matanaze

Anchored about 100 yards from the fort


3rd November 2010

Missed you in Annapolis
We missed you at the boat show. Hank and I laughed several times about y'all turning around 'cause of the cold. So cute!! Why go to a sailboat show when you could just sail? We're enjoying your posts. It's wonderful to see how happy you are.
3rd November 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!
Here's hoping that you have a wonderful birthday wherever you have your anchor dropped, Mr. Chambers! Love reading about your travels. Sitting here in the office dreaming about being out on the water. Have a drink for me in celebration of your day. Cheers!
4th November 2010

It's getting cold!
Hey guys, Great to see you've made it to Fl. Linda and I are still planning on leaving in early Jan to head south! Going to Toogadoo with cruising club this weekend, but it's suppose to be 35 on Sat. night!!!!! Oh well, should keep the beer cold! ha Stay in touch, love the pics and the information. Mark
5th November 2010

Hey Dad and Carol!
We just wanted to say hello! Looks and sounds like you are having a great time..That is wonderful!! I passed my test..so whew.I get to keep my job!! Now if I will just adhere to dress code I should be fine! Love you both!! Be safe!

Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb