Space Coast Florida!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Titusville
March 11th 2010
Published: March 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to my home where I share some of the most exciting attractions in the world! I'm not only able to visit the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal Studios, Sea World, Wet & Wild waterpark, and the infamous International Drive in Orlando for shopping but can literally step out my front door and watch a Space Shuttle launch! The Kennedy Space Center, located in Titusville Florida, is approximately 45 minutes from the Orlando International Airport. The "Space Center" which is how us locals refer to it, actually rests on a National Wildlife Refuge Park home to egrets, alligators, the bald eagle gopher tortoise along with other numerous protected wildlife. There are walking paths to enjoy nature but PLEASE don't forget the sunscreen and mosquito repellent - two necessities needed here in the sunshine state! The most exciting part of the "Space Center" revolves around the space shuttle itself. To be able to actually feel the ground beneath you rumble & shake is unforgettable. Don't forget your camera or video equipment if you are lucky enough to park by the Indian River, those spots fill up nights before a launch so plan accordingly. FYI, the missions are scheduled but can be delayed by minutes, hours or cancelled due to poor weather conditions. You can also take a visitor's tour, by bus, around the actual center itself. You will go by the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) where the shuttle is stored prior to launch, Launch Control Center (LCC) where the orbiter is monitored prior to a launch and the Launch Pads which is where the orbiter sits until launch. After a day of visiting the center, you can take a short drive to the world famous Cocoa Beach & Pier to enjoy some cold drinks and music to unwind from your busy day. These are just some brief highlights that our sunshine state has to offer. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb