Maryland and Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Sarasota
September 30th 2007
Published: September 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody,

Our big trip to Asia started by heading East. After a long and painful last week in San Francisco, we went to Baltimore where we spent a few days with Tara's family. We did a couple of short hikes in two different parks, ate too much, and time flew by. We arrived in Bradenton, Florida on Sunday evening where we spend the week with our good friends (and great hosts) Christophe and Melanie. Christophe (yes, it's a fairly popular name in France) and I went to University together and both ended up with a history degree. And while I have been a waiter, a computer geek and now a nurse, Christophe has always been using his degree. He is a history teacher at a tennis academy. Melanie, his wife, works in the same school as an English teacher. We had not seen them for over two years and they are now a family of 3, with a little baby girl named Solenne.
Our week here has been great, we have finally been able to rest and relax, spend some time at the beach and hang out with our friends (and yes, over-eating). For those who missed the ESPN coverage of the 2 most important tennis games of the century, I did beat Christophe's sorry ass twice! But the heat was pretty tough on us and it took us a few days to recover from each game...
Tomorrow morning, we are heading back to San Francisco for 1 day. Hawaii is next...

I hope everybody is doing well. I will use this site as much as possible to post pictures, I hope you'll enjoy them.

Christophe



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



3rd October 2007

Perspective on pictures
Great pictures, but whatsup with more tennis posing than beach scenes?

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb