Hawaii (Oahu and Kauai)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
October 17th 2007
Published: October 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody,

We have now spent 2 weeks in Hawaii, time flies! We first spent a few days at Mikhel's house (Mikhel is Tara's younger sister and a full time honolulu resident), before heading to Kauai, our favorite Island. I attempted to hike the Na Pali coast trail but had to turn around 4 miles into the hike. The conditions of the trail were really bad and I started to feel very unsafe. I was pretty disapointed but I hope to do it some day, probably earlier in the season. The trail was mostly mud, too slippery to keep on going...
So after that we spent a lot of time doing a whole bunch of nothing....and loved it! the days were planned around swimming, snorkeling, short hikes, etc... Mikhel came along for the first two days, it was actually her first time on Kauai.
The past few days were spent on Waikiki. Different island, but the activities have not changed, beside surfing. Waikiki is the easiest beach to surf on, easy to get out, great break. So it always pains me to come back to California after having looked like a stud on my surfboard out here. Can't do it anywhere else!!! Oh well...
We're heading out to tokyo tomorrow morning so the pace of life should change drastically. Can't wait!

I hope everybody is well and that you will enjoy the pictures.

Christophe



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb