What a way to spend a Saturday!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Panama City
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hunkered down with electric, heat and cable, we didn’t mind that the temperature was dropping (Florida is as cold at NY). We were comfortable. After moving from Panama City Marina to St. Andrews we enjoyed dinner at Uncle Ernie’s, quite famous.
With a leisurely awakening (Rog first to take Buddy ashore), we ventured to the Coffee House for breakfast. Neat place, very layed back with casual seats, lots of books and a great breakfast. We, next headed to CVS to gather some misc supplies (like nail polish and remover). About 1/3 of the way there, Rog decided it was too far. The marina map was deceiving, only showing major roads (so what looked like 2 blocks away actually was miles). Mary was determined, so she continued and Rog returned to the boat. Mary assured him that she would take a bus,taxi or a ride from a stranger home. With a more than sore knee, ankle and hip, she arrived at the CVS. As the clerk was calling a Taxi for Mary, a nice young fellow offered her ride to the marina. During the trip back to the boat, Mary learned that the fellow had chartered a PDQ and has sailed on a Corsair had been to PGI and knew Steve Marsh (Corsair sailsmen). Talk about coincidences.
After a longer than normal rest, we tackled a boat wash. It really was covered by salt. While Rog tackled finding our next stop using the computer, Mary did some much needed housework (she loves her little Shark Vacuum). He is having trouble finding a marina that might have a ready electrician to work on the Char Plotter. For some unknown reason, he’s not getting the same chart detail in the fly bridge as below. We want to make sure our Charts and Electronics are working well for our journey across the Gulf from Carabelle, Fl to Clearwater (estimated to be at least 22 hours). If all else fails, we’ll stay put in Panama City (not a bad place to be) and catch an expert on electronics.
While walking around this afternoon, we happened on a Jazz Festival, with very good music. On our way home from that, we treated ourselves to another meal, a scallop dinner at the Captain’s Table, another highly recommended venue in St.Andrews. (Well worth its reputation)
We still have other recommendations of good eating places, so we don’t need to leave just yet.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



23rd October 2011

Great Job!
Hi Mary and Roger-this is so cool!Your descriptions and pics are wonderful as we follow your journey.I have you on my prayer list for the overnight.GOOD LUCK,love ya MaryAnn

Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2091s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb