New Places, Fun Places, Unpleasant Places - All with Good Friends


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
March 6th 2016
Published: March 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

You are really going to like this new place where we are going....IF you like seafood. Sam's PT guy gave them the low-down on it and our foursome eagerly ventured to it, located near the Florida Mall. It is Fabulous! It is called Bar Harbor Seaford. It is a very large building because they are wholesale distributors for fresh, frozen and live seafood. You might even see their delivery trucks cruising this area of Orlando and around. At one very small corner of this mega building is a little room for their display and order counter. They do the preparation of your lunch order here also. You eat outside under a few umbrella picnic tables. It is very casual...not formal! No fancy, dancey gowns needed here. Their hot lunch menu is served 11-3 on Mon. thru Sat. They are open longer but that is just for pick up of cold foods. They have their specials on Monday and Tuesday. That's when you want to go....cheaper prices! I hope my photos give you an idea what it looks like and what they offer. We went on a Tuesday. The outside wall menu for the grilled Maine lobster salad roll was $10.95 plus French fries. Because it was a "special" day, price was $7.95. It was delicious ++++. Cory got the fried shrimp plate: $7.95. Another winner. Sandy and I each bought two whole 1 1/4 lbs. steamed (cold) Maine lobsters to take home. Each was $6.95. Yes, I said it right: $6.95. Unbelievable! Yummy! You will want to enlarge the menu board photos so you can see prices of all their scrumptious fish delights. Unreal! You can get one (or more) of the $6.95 lobsters during the lunch hour and they warm it, provide the cracking tool and the clarified butter. Oooooooo. Guess what? We are going back! You can buy soft drinks, etc. there but since you are outside, just bring your own drink if you want to save a couple bucks. It is a seafood lovers dream come true. Yahoo!

After filling ourselves full of seafood, we headed home. Somehow we never reach this destination until many hours out on the road. We always seem to find more things to do on our bucket list. This next stop over was at the Eye of Orlando. We had already experienced this marvelous attraction but wanted to share it with Sam
Enjoying our seafood mealEnjoying our seafood mealEnjoying our seafood meal

I ate half my lobster roll before taking photo
& Sandy. "No way" says Sam. He has a fear of heights and nothing would ever get him on that mile high wheel. Okay, we understand but tried to explain to him that it moved so slowly that you felt no movement and that the view was beyond awesome. With a quivering and reserved hesitation, he finally agreed to try it. Yippee. They stopped the big wheel for Sam to enter the gondola with his scooter. Usually, they keep it slowly, slowly moving and you step in and out. Wonderful.....here the four of us were ready to see the area from a eagles' eye vantage point. Before the door closed, another rider popped into our capsule. Okay.....we guess. He was a real nice guy from Long Island. He was on a cruise ship docked at Port Canaveral and had taken a tour over here to Orlando. He told us about his entire life....maybe more than we wanted to know. That was okay. Sam said he would probably keep his eyes closed on this ride but that didn't last by a minute. He's brave and flexible. Our new friend also had a fear of heights but the ride didn't bother him
Lobsters: $6.95 eachLobsters: $6.95 eachLobsters: $6.95 each

All kinds of seafood
either. They both loved it. And so did Sandy, Cory, me & Lucky Lulu. Sam was driving all around inside the gondola on his scooter checking out the 360 degree view. Like the Daytona 500 but on a miniature scale. As I suggested before: go on this awesome attraction. You will love it. Cross my heart. Lulu is still talking about it every day. And she knows what's good and what's not. Of her many talents, she is also a reputable critic. And better yet, we found out (after the fact) that if you get your ticket online it is $18 instead of $25. Military and Florida residents get a 10% discount. I would think the discount works for the online price but not sure. Check it out. No matter, this high ride is worth any price. Up, Up and Away.....What a Wonderful Day.

The thrills did not stop here. Outside the ticket counter, we had been given coupons to "Spin the Wheel".....and win a prize. Why not? So we all spun. Cory, Sam & Sandy came up WINNERS. I won a free drink coupon at the Tin Roof bar & grill outside the Eye building. The lucky threesome
Happy worker..owner?Happy worker..owner?Happy worker..owner?

Inside order place
won 7 nights in the Wyndham Resort at Bonnet Creek (the only land not owned by Disney but encircled by Disney property) WOW! We had driven around this mega complex (there are other fancy hotels on this land also) last year so knew it was super fancy. Top of the line! Of course, they didn't just hand us the 7-night stay coupon. No way! We knew that....have been at this rodeo before. The catch: sit through their 90 minute condo sales spiel.....yuck! We do own a Marriott timeshare and have sat through others.....just to get the prize. It isn't fun at all. But this prize was enticing, so we took it. Forget their next day pickup, we would drive ourselves so they couldn't kidnap us.

Before we left this nicely landscaped area around the Eye, more thrills, again: we enjoyed some Ben & Jerry's ice cream followed by free alcoholic drinks at the Tin Roof Bar & Grill. Good combo. Besides the free drink coupon I had won, Cory said we needed more of them because we all had signed up for the condo sales pitch. He gave us a handful. Great! It was a neat, fun spot. They had a bar shuffleboard outside so we took our tries on that. Winners! There was a group of men that wanted to use the game when we were done. They were orthopedic doctors attending a huge orthopedic convention at the gigantic Convention Center close by. . We gave them our left over liquor tickets. They were happy doctors!

We made one more stop: at a SAM's Club so I could pick up an item for an upcoming event (another blog, too). Eventually, we made it home after a very full & enjoyable day in paradise. Life is good!

The following day, we all arrived at the Bonnet Creek Wyndham Sales Office for our 11:00 AM. meeting (torture procedure). Right off, a poor start. I had not brought any ID. No one said I had to. Why would I need it? Cory went to our car and brought in my Lazydays cafeteria food card and the Hard Rock Casino players card while Sandy brought me up on her phone. Take that...I am who I am! Blah! They carried on and took it through several layers of people before they relented. Oh, brother. Are you kidding me? I told them if it was such an issue, we would just leave. That's when they relented. We only got coffee at this initial station. Poop!

Our salesperson presented himself. He was from Morocco and his name sounded like and looked like Mustache. He missed my ID confab so now he had to go check. OMG. The customer service already stinks. Finally, he came back all apologetic .....who cares anymore! He escorts us to the next location (torture room). Other prize seeking suckers are in this room with their pressure person hovering over them. Here Mustache probes all of us for life history information. Boring. Then another energetic pressure fellow jumps up and runs a movie while telling all of us why we have to buy into their program. If we don't...I guess they will put us in condo jail or something. All the other folks are gobbling their many breakfast snacks available. Licking their lips feverishly. We had to ask for ours! Not good customer service again. More questions and intimidation before we are taken to view the units to buy. We are shown the one bedroom first. Nice. Then the "piece de resistance": the 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom suite. More like a penthouse! Beautiful! But as nice as they all were, we aren't there to buy. We know it and Mustache knows it. He made slurs about "those people" who just come for the prize. Really??

But the torture continues. We would be thrilled to leave at this point: just let us go! NO! Off to the final squeeze & pressure, "buy or die" room! Our chains feel heavy now. Before arriving here, Cory and Mustache got into an unpleasant interaction. Fingers pointed, voices loud.....this better not ruin our chances for the big prize! Mustache goes to he front of our line and Cory is at the back. Keep them separated. We want the prize! Once in the final torture chamber, the big guns come out. First Mustache continues to pound and work us over. I said we couldn't possibly buy because I was very sick and needed future surgeries .....a lie, I know, but I needed to do it. If you have ever been here......you understand why I HAD to do this. He wanted me to reveal my ailments from my big, healthy lips but really.....it's protected, private information! He dumped us at this point ...he had had enough of Cory anyway. I whispered to Sam to pretend to choke while Mustache was trying to thump Sandy around. She held her ground firmly in a nice way. Mustache wanted to know what was happening with Sam. I told him he had a choking problem and had his breakfast morsels lodged in his throat. He would soon throw up and was getting very nervous knowing what was coming. For sure, this would send us out the door....FAST. Nope....Mustache brought on a large woman with bright red lipstick. She looked like Imelda Marcos. She now tightened the shackles on us. We stayed strong....gritting our teeth. Sandy said they couldn't buy because Sam had health issues. They looked at her and said "what issues"? Without a blink, she said "look at him!" There sat Sam on his scooter: coughing, gurgling and gagging with napkins covering his pale face. He did an excellent job! I was even waiting for the puke to hurl. What a great performer. What more did they want? Blood......probably cause they were definitely out for & after blood. Finally, after telling us we were just like all the other millions of people who go through this just for
At the eye of OrlandoAt the eye of OrlandoAt the eye of Orlando

Sandy & Sam with Tom Hanks
the prize, they cruelly unlocked our chains.

GO...go with Elizabeth to the final station. Hallelujah. We made it. We had survived this painful & torturous ordeal. No jail, no death....just insults. Of course, now we are left, as unwanted babies, on the doorstep of a room where a long waiting line is also trying to escape after they get their prize. Some of the millions! Eventually, Cory & Sandy reached the destination desk. They wanted a $50 deposit....no way - no pay! So they scratched that. Do they think we are dummies or what? Ultimately, we both ended up with a 7 night coupon good until Feb, 2017. The time is now 2:30 PM! We endured this exhausting torture much longer than said! Typical!

We have to go online to read all about the coupon.....which we haven't done yet. We'll probably end up in some 7 night stay in a dilapidated condo jail in the middle of the Everglades......with Mustache as our warden. If it's too good to be true.....you know the rest. We'll check it out and let you know what we actually get. I can hear your comments already. Anyway, fingers crossed! Remember, whatever we get for our prize, you will be going with us, too, so hope for the best. We will all be winners! Lulu has been praying every night for it to be a worthy prize like we want and the one we have planned on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 26


Advertisement

The gondolaThe gondola
The gondola

And what holds it up
Sam & Sandy and Lulu with Mr. BonesSam & Sandy and Lulu with Mr. Bones
Sam & Sandy and Lulu with Mr. Bones

Lulu poses in front of the Eye
Sandy in front of Shake ShackSandy in front of Shake Shack
Sandy in front of Shake Shack

Cory ready to drive his new car
Tim RoofTim Roof
Tim Roof

Lulu entertains on stage
Cory plays shuffleboardCory plays shuffleboard
Cory plays shuffleboard

Sandy plays shuffleboard
Sandy wins shuffleboardSandy wins shuffleboard
Sandy wins shuffleboard

Doctors are a happy group
GorgeousGorgeous
Gorgeous

Not buying
Waiting to get free prizeWaiting to get free prize
Waiting to get free prize

Lulu poses in Harry Potter display


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb