Alberto


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
June 11th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a near-miss with a near-hurricane in Orlando (tropical storm 'Alberto' - it reached 70mph, a hurricane is 74) , where we our trip to Disney got decidedly rained-off. We made it to Downtown Disney (the free bit) - we ate at Planet Hollywood (extortionate, and terrible service), visited Legoland, where Raj had his impressive Lego sculpture entertainingly ruined by a 4 year old child, and explored the many shops full of Disney related tack.
Our hostel was quite a gem. We've mostly stayed in cheap hotels, though avoiding chain hotels, and bed and breakfasts - only two or three of our accomodations have been what you could call hostels, and they've all been really good. The atmosphere is different, with more likelihood of striking up a conversation with random stangers. The hostel in Orlando was full of Brits and Mongolians, who cooked impressive meals in the communal kitchen but insisted on doing that with their shirts off. We met Steve and Lee, just-finished-2nd-year uni students at Preston, and joined them to watch England v. Trinidad in a British themed pub round the corner. Raj was a bit outshouted in his support for Trinidad, but he proved to be a good loser.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Izzie fishing for dollar coinsIzzie fishing for dollar coins
Izzie fishing for dollar coins

We're on a budget OK!


29th June 2006

i'll tell you one place
you havennt been! THE MILL POND ahha. no seriously, sounds awesome. Hope your having fun with lucy and joe. good luck fisihing for money iz. I heard theres some... somewhere. xx

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.3kb