DisneyWorld Part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
November 8th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sat Nov 8: Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach/Epcot

I didn't expect great things from the Animal Kingdom, but quite enjoyed it. The highlight was Everest, the marquee coaster which wound through and around 'Mount Everest'. It didn't go upside down, but backwards and forwards through light and dark. It was fun.

Much of the park was like a big zoo, so we saw a whole heap of animals. We did a 'safari' which took us out into a Monarto-style area, though it's probably a poor comparison because here we actually saw some animals - lions, giraffe, elephants etc.

For lunch we had burger number 4.

In the afternoon we visited Blizzard Beach, one of Disney's water parks. We only had an hour and a half, which was long enough to try most of the waterslides. It was a lot of fun, but I can't imagine what it's like in the middle of summer standing in a queue for 15 minutes in the Florida sun waiting for a 6 second ride.

There were two big waterslides at the top of the park. We were going to try the second-biggest when they announced the imminent closure of the park. We would have both had time to ride if the bloke at the top hadn't demanded we remove our beach sandals. In the ultimate act of gallantry (well, because I was terrified) I took Nancy's sandals and let her ride the slide while I carried her footwear to the bottom via the stairs.

In the evening we went over to Epcot to watch the nightly fireworks show - not as exciting as the guidebook made it sound.

Sun Nov 9: Hollywood Studios
Our morning started at a character breakfast - I had my photo taken with Goofy, Donald and Minnie. Nancy sat through the meal with very good grace, but couldn't match my excitement.

Hollywood Studios is Disney's version of Universal. And it probably isn't much better. Though I would rate the Aerosmith rollercoaster as better than The Mummy. Another indoor ride in the dark, this one did go upside down, which is always my favourite part of these rides. We did it twice.

The Narnia attraction was very disappointing, the Great Movie Ride was mildly diverting but the Muppet Vision 3D show was a lot of fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb