Winter in Orlando, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
November 4th 2006
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

2006


Our signOur signOur sign

Have to let people know who we are
Here we are in Orlando for the winter, need to find a part time job after we get settled in. The RV Resort we are staying at is very close to Disney World and Sea World. We applied for a job at Disney but were never called so we decided to try Sea World for employment. It was a surprise to find Sea World was only 20mins from our winter home. The day we applied for a job we were hired, Art was placed in Traffic Division and I was placed at the entrance gate taking tickets then later had a chance to sell tickets, we opted to work only 3 days a week. Sea World is owned by Anheuser Busch Entertainment, yes the same Anheuser Busch that makes Budweiser beer etc. They have 3 Sea Worlds and Busch Gardens in Tampa and Busch Gardens in Williamsburg VA.

Art and I both worked Christmas Day which turned out to be very busy but by the end of the day it was raining. Sea World had a Christmas party for all the employees held at the park. There was loads of food through out the park and we attended a special
Lorene & IttyLorene & IttyLorene & Itty

The horse barn at Sea World
Shamu show just for employees. Jodie and Christian came up from Naples New Years weekend and spent two days at Disney World.

In January we got together with good friends Rick and LaVerne Roberts who had been working at Disney World since September. The four of us attended the RV Show in Tampa, we took them to Sea World and they treated us to a visit at Disney World. Art and I went to Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral and spent the day touring the launch area and museums. We were able to watch the launch of the space shuttle Discovery from our home in Orlando, when the engines started it lit up the sky like sunrise in the mornings and it was 10 o'clock at night.

In February Sierra, Mother Lorene and Ittylene came for a visit. We went to Cirque de Soleil (this is a circus with unique acts not like a Ringland Bros Circus) and then to dinner in Downtown Disney at Raglan Road. The next day was spent at Sea World especially the Shamu show. It was a nice visit and hope they come back when we are in Orlando next winter.

In March our friends from Cape Cod, Buddy and Grace came to visit. They stayed at Saratoga Springs Resort near Downtown Disney. Needless to say we took them to Sea World and Downtown Disney for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bud and the SwanBud and the Swan
Bud and the Swan

Couldn't keep Buddy away from the Swan ride
Hot Air BalloonsHot Air Balloons
Hot Air Balloons

These balloons line up to form a little Disney Magic
Hot Air BalloonsHot Air Balloons
Hot Air Balloons

What does this look like?
EyeoreEyeore
Eyeore

Eyeore holding our Sea World name tags
Indy Race StoreIndy Race Store
Indy Race Store

Setting up the store at St. Petersburg
Rick & LaVerneRick & LaVerne
Rick & LaVerne

May I help you?


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb