Leaving Orlando


Advertisement
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tracy & EyeoreTracy & EyeoreTracy & Eyeore

As you can see, we had a great vist with Tracy. Actully he gave us a wonderful tour of the area.
Left Orlando on March 27 headed to St. Petersburg to work at Honda Grand Prix-Indy car race. We worked for Maingate Inc. for 5 days in their main store selling T-shirts and souvenirs. We were able to get free passes for our son Arthur for the weekend to watch the race.

Leaving St. Pete on April 2nd went to Perry, GA for the night. Tuesday April 3rd traveled to Jellico TN and stayed at our favorite place Indian Mt State Park. A cold front moved in so we decided not to travel on to Michigan for Easter weekend. Stayed in Jellico until Saturday and moved on to Ohio were we had snow on Easter Sunday. We had an appointment at the repair shop on Monday after Easter, to have the counter top replaced because a crack had developed. After the repairs were done we traveled to Michigan to see Tracy. Tracy gave us a tour of downtown Detroit, Tiger Stadium and Ford Field.

Left Monday April 16th to start our travels to St Mary MT which will be our summer home. As we were near Elkhart, IN Gulf Stream called and directed us to go to Elkhart to have the AV Jaxs repaired. Hart RV could not fix the problem. We wasted a day in Elkhart so we decided to stay in Middlebury, IN and have dinner at the German Essenhause which has the best food.

Left Middlebury on April 17th and drove through the "I" states and crossed the Mississippi River around 1 pm into Iowa, arrived east of Iowa City, IA to spend the night. Oops taxes are due so we attempted to send them to Turbo Tax, but their lines were so busy I had to get up at 2AM and send them electronically to Turbo Tax.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb