Leaving Portofino for WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
September 18th 2010
Published: September 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well it's the last day at Portofino Bay Hotel and I will really miss the peace and quiet of this picturesque hotel and surrounds, on the other hand I can't help but be a little excited about going to Animal Kingdom Lodge at Walt Disney World. We are all up early to get to Islands of Adenture so I can photograph the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Its a quick choccie croissant and coffee at Sals then onto the boat transport to get in before the general public. LC has to quickly dart back to the room and misses the boat, but that's okay he will catch up soon enough. Mrs and Jnr head into the park, through Suessland and into Harry Potter. Our last butterbeer is in order as a final farewell is said to Harry and friends. Photos done, LC has caught up, LC and Jnr have done the Dragon again and its off through Dinoland. Jnr decides she wants to a few farewell rides and the first one she chooses is of course the Jurassic Park ride and is going to get her soaking wet. It was GRREEEAAAATTTTT FFFFFUUUUUUNNNNN MUM........ New clothes, changed child and we are on our way again. Nearly at the exit but Nope, Jnr wants to ride the Hulk rollercoaster. Okay front of line means the wait isn't too long. That one down and geeeezzzz she has to do it again. No Jnr twice is enough, see we bought you a t-shirt so you can remember it. Final photos and then out of the park and back to the hotel for final checkout. Car isn't due to pick us up until 3.30 so we make a quick call and ask if they can come at 12.30 instead. Luckily that is OK, so we have luggage services pickup our bags and we head to the Lobby to hand in our Mini Bar key (Yes lockable cabinet), That done, its a quiet sit in the Lobby area, a final cocktail and then it's on our way to WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb