Last Full Day before Leaving Portofino Bay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
September 17th 2010
Published: September 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we decide to do those last things that we have missed during the week. Photograph Seaworld. We catch a taxi back to Seaworld first thing and go see the Dolphin show. It was good, although shows always seem to be better when you can actually watch them without having to photograph them. From there we headed for a walk around the park and took in the sights of the Penguins and the Arctic. Thought it might be cool to have lunch next to a huge underwater Aquarium but after we saw the Aquarium from the other side, decided we didn't need to pay the additional price just to eat shark and watch shark! Finally SeaWorld has a rotating viewing tower (air conditioned thank goodness) and so we went un to about 300 feet above ground, took some photos of Orando and relaxed for a bit.
Okay I think we have done everything we wanted to at SeaWorld, so as much as we have put this off, it is time to head back to Portofino Bay to see if we can actually fit everything into the bags we have (including the two new ones). Before we do though, we decide to lunch at the Hard Rock Hotel next door to Portofino Bay. Lunch (as with most meals in the US) was HUGE, and there was no way I was going to be able to be eat my 2 entrees (thought I would have a light lunch YEAH RIGHT), so after stuggling with the food and with the cocktail going down way too easily, we headed back to Portofino Bay to pack.
OMG: If you are anything like us, you really should check out what it costs to freight things from the US to Australia.
Everything fits into the bags, but there will need to be some serious rationalisation done before we get onto our next Delta flight on 19th September.
After having struggled with that, there is no time to go out and get dinner (and we cannot be bothered), I guess we just had to try Room Service. Glad we did that, I had the mst succulent piece of rib-eye steak that I have had since Mum last cooked it for me (subtle (NOT SO) hint Mummy).
LC and Mrs then headed to the front desk to settle the account and beg for a late checkout tomorrow 😊
Success: complimentary (after all we have already paid for it) late check out (of course we asked for the late checkout before we paid the bill, may have contributed just slightly to the success factor)
Time for some well earned sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

WalrusWalrus
Walrus

Well have you ever tried to photograph a Walrus underwater when it's swimming?
Entree size CalamariEntree size Calamari
Entree size Calamari

Yes it is the same size as a full collander!
Hard Rock Lunch BurgerHard Rock Lunch Burger
Hard Rock Lunch Burger

And Yes he ate it all.
Entree size salad with vinagaretteEntree size salad with vinagarette
Entree size salad with vinagarette

Yes it is a full quarter of a lettuce!
Small but potent cocktailSmall but potent cocktail
Small but potent cocktail

And Yes I drank it all!
Healthy CycadHealthy Cycad
Healthy Cycad

So this is how they are supposed to look.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb