WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
September 18th 2010
Published: September 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's 1pm and we have arrived at WDW AKL. We drive through the gates and identify ourselves. We are ushered on to the Jampbo House entrance. At Jambo House, luggage service takes our bags, gives us a ticket and tells us to call for delivery when we have our room. We are then greeted by Anne who warmly welcomes us and escorts us to the Kilamanjaro Club on level 6. She introduces us to Carmen whom I sit with and go through registration whilst LC and Jnr get refreshments from the Club lounge bar. Carmen and I talk for a bit, get everything done that needs to be done and then she gives us directions to our room, which she comments to me is a very good room that overlooks the Sunset Savanna a few more quick instructions on things that she recommends we do, and a cup of fresh coffee for me 😊, we are off to our room.
WOW, we have walked into Heaven. First straight to the glass sliding doors to see what sort of view we have. Here we are greeted by Ankole Cattle, Eland, Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, East African Crowned Crane, Marabou Stork, Ostrich and Ruppells Griffon Vultures. The rooms, we have closets in both the lounge and bedroom, a refrigerator, kitchen table (with a welcome basket of animal shaped chocolates and nuts), a desk with internet, a 3 seater lounge which converts to queen size bed, a TV and a dedicated toilet just inside the front door. The lounge table has a Happy Birthday greeting bag for me on it and it contains the most quaint collection of welcome gifts from a beaded keyring to notepad made of recycled Elephant Poo. How cool. To complete the room, don't forget the full size sliding door overlooking the savanna.
The bedroom, two queen size beds, a TV, a bathroom with separate toilet, double vanity, double shower and separate bath. Also another desk with makeup mirror and the closet with key locked wall safe. And fo course, full height sliding glass doors doors that overlook the savanna.
Okay we also have a corner room so when we go out to the balcony we can see not only ahead of us, but also to the Savanna on the right. Air Con's on a comfortable temp so lets unpack.
Okay unpacked, lets discover the hotel, so we walk around, have a look, and decide to walk to the other accomodation at AKL Kildani Villas to have a look. Threatening rain once we are there cuts short our visit but we decide that we chose the right one to stay in...... Catch the Disney bus back to Jambo house so we don't get soaked and then its off to Boma for dinner.
Boma, African buffet. Beautiful dinner, buffet means plenty for everyone and plenty to choose from so that everyone will eat something. Again a cocktail with dinner and Mrs is happy. Time to have another look at some of the viewing areas around the savanna and into bed for some well deserved rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb