Packing light??


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Apopka
May 30th 2007
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The chickens get ready..The chickens get ready..The chickens get ready..

Midori spends quality time with our chickens before we leave.
We are all officially on vacation now. MIdori and I have spent the last few days attempting to pack light and eating lots to bulk up before heading off. The eating lots is one of my favorite aspects of travel. We are all planning on taking 2500 cu inch packs which requires planning on exactly what is necessary and what we can do without.. necessary takes on different meanings to different people. I started to buy Ayn Rand's classic 900 page novel "Atlas Shrugged", but decided it was way to massive to haul all over the place. So we bought "Costa Rican Spanish" instead. I went dumpster diving at the mattress factory and found some perfect reinforced plastic that I cut into 6x8 chunks to use for tarps in case we have to pull up somewhere in the rain or are forced to camp overnight somewhere. We are buying no more groceries and have begun to eat everything we can out of the fridge. I love gaining weight. But.....
What about the pets???

The dog, Solana, will stay home to guard the three chickens - Momma ( she loves sitting on eggs) , Little ( Chicken Little, from the folk tale, get it??) and Greyie ( I think that is how you spell it?). The five gay gerbils ( all males that live together and will shred any female put in that cage) will stay outside to be fed by Kim across the street who volunteered to talk care of the dog. The pine snake ( Piney ) and Arisa's god only knows how many she has geekos will be taken care of by a once a week visit from her friend Greg. The finch family will be going up the street to Ken and Patties and will attempt to survive a month with their two boys ages 3 and 5. Good luck Finch family....

Besides that we leave the massive oak and hope it can go a month during hurricane season without smashing in our roof or dropping limbs on the neighbors who are helping us out while we are away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb