From Buenas Aires..


Advertisement

After leaving Orlando at 2 a.m and having the enjoyable experience of the boards flipping off the roof on the turnpike at 80 mph. We have a pretty nice trip to Miami and got there in a few hours. Traveling with surfboards is kind of like dragging a coffin around the airport, try it sometime for fun and then go back home. We attempted to shorten our time there with me dropping off Arisa and Midori so that I could take the car back while they ¨beat the crowds¨at the counter. When I arrived to find them, they were at the end of a line that was about 30´long. It also was the wrong line. We managed to drag and bust through lines to get to the right place, before getting to figure out the new improved self checkin system. Total pandamonium, with everyone having the same look on their faces - bewildered deer in headlights. Only we paid for this misery. Anyway, we ended up on the flight and headed out on time.

Once in Costa Rica, we passed through the easiest customs in the world. Put your stuff on a scanner, you´re in. The taxi guys are out front, but we skirted around to the front and caught the bus to Alajuela. We went to the Hotel Central, my favorite dump in Central America. There we had the corner view and commensed to entertain those on the street by opening and closing our drapes. We dropped our stuff and headed into San Jose to practice bus riding and grab something to eat. Arisa and I were laughing to each other because of the insane way the bus drivers blow through red lights while going 70 in a 40 zone. All for fifty cents.

After a night of all night horn honking and cat meowing, we left San Jose for Buenas Aires. This is a nice little typical Tico town and we are fortunate to be the only tourists in town. Gotta run for now, more later we are heading back to the hotel before eating seafood as the only tourists in town!

Advertisement



11th June 2007

Glad you made it.
I can only image your flying surf board adventure. Glad they must still be usable or you would have left them on the road side. I have tried the same adventure with droping the family off. It never seems to work. Always too much stuff for them to drag around with out me. It wouldn't travel without some adventure. Ahh, the touristy travel destinations you pick. I can image how well you blend in with the natives. Now for a laugh, image how much I would stick out of the crowd there. You know me, I am sooooo subtle. Congradulations, you made it, glad you are having fun. Oh, I went to the Why not on Sat. They had a Comedian similar to Jim Carrey style. He was so funny I had difficulty breathing. Missed having you there to share the experience. Best wishes on your trip. Gotta start work now. Its 9:42am.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb