We have Company!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orange City
February 22nd 2018
Published: February 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

blog 02-22-18 We have Company !

Up early this morning, we had a trip to make to the airport. My sister Dedie is coming for a visit. It was wonderful to see her and before long we were back at the camper getting her settled and jabbering away. We ate an early lunch then went down to the spring to show Dee the beautiful water and see what options we had for other water activities. There were several people there again today enjoying the board walk along the spring run. We were going to go up to the spring but no dogs were allowed on that section so we decided to head back and do the spring itself another day without Watson.

Back at the camper we both wanted a nap but we couldn't stop talking long enough to go to sleep so we decided to take our chairs and happy hour supplies down to the river and enjoy sunset. Watson came too and we had the best time with the native residents the black vultures, osprey, red shoulder hawk, assorted herons and egrets all enjoying the setting sun and quiet river, most of the tourists had gone home.

Dee and I had the park to ourselves, finally, and we witnessed the beautiful natural part of Florida. There were mullet (fish) jumping all over, and suddenly a boat appeared, then another that turned out to be 2 sculling boats from Bates College, guess they were training, they sure needed it. They went past our location then turned around and went back.

The sunset was really pretty and we managed to get about half the world's problems solved til it was time to head back before it got really dark.

Dee and I went out to dinner and enjoyed Olive Garden a few miles down the road. When we got back to the camper we were exhausted and just crashed.

Scroll down for additional pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb