Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » New Smyrna Beach
December 12th 2019
Published: December 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Made it to Florida few days ago. As always started getting warmer in Jacksonville. Hit a few anchorages after Charleston and ended up at a marina in Jekyll Island. Great place to visit. Then a marina in Jacksonville, one in Palm coast, and now in New Smyrna Beach. Weather had been cold but perfect to run the ICW. Made great time. My brother got on in Charleston and hopes to go through the Okeechobee Waterway until we get to Ft Myers. We were hoping to get to Vero Beach Friday but the wind kicked up to gale force and we decided to lay over here for another day. Maybe by Sat or Sunday. The it will take at least three days to get through the OWW. Then have to come up with a plan. Maybe north to Sarasota. Temps are good in the upper 70's.

Cont:
It is now Friday December 20. Now in Ft Myers. Took us three days to cross the Okeechobee Waterway. Weather was perfect. Got to Ft Myers a few days ago. Staying at the Ft Myers City Basin marina. Very nice and Restaurants are a few blocks away. The weather was great when we pulled in but then it got cold, cloudy, and windy. Hopefully I can stay here until after the New Year. Then maybe head north for a few days to Sarasota. I took my brother to the airport in Sarasota yesterday so I'm on my own again. Anyone want to ride for a while?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb