Where are all the fleas?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Naples
November 9th 2013
Published: November 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Had planned another beach day but it was pretty cloudy. Breakfast at the usual place, said good ye to them as they close Sundays, one of the lady owners asked me to choose a pair of handmade earrings which we makes, gave them our website for next time they are in Spain.

We had seen a flea market advertised near Fort Myers, some 30 miles away, now Alex is crazy over antiques and nick nacks (or as I call it, general rubbish!) so this seemed right up his street, I agreed to go as it was the same direction as the mall!!

Arrived to find it wasn't a flea market as we know it, ie Rastro, it was more like Garrucha Market on speed, full of stalls selling a fair amount of tat and no antiques and certainly. no fleas in sight!

Amused to see a Remax real estate lady had a stall there! Hmm maybe thats the way forward?

Had a good walk round seeing as we were there, then headed to the outlet mall. Now I did have a good excuse to go back, a friend had asked if I could get her a pair of baby Converse for her granddaughter, so any excuse for me! Got the kiddy pair, very cute in bright pink plus a couple of T shirts for me! Ok and another pair of sneakers...

Had a huge amount of packing to do so back to the hotel with take-out for dinner preceded by a beer on the tiki bar.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1003.6kb