Beach relaxation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Naples
November 8th 2013
Published: November 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lovely sunny day blue skies etc. Time to head to the beach. Went to the usual breakfast place The Neighborhood cafe. Usual bowl of oatmeal and a coffee, Alex went overboard again with a bagel followed by a huge stack of pancakes! Got talking to some locals, Frank Jr the local fire fighter and his dad Frank Sr. plus Frank Sr's lady friend Jo Jo, lovely people and again fascinated by us living in Spain. Frank Sr aged 91 builds and renovates light aircraft and goes back and forth to Indiana, he wants to ship some of his aircraft to Spain!



Now we had decided to extend our stay in Naples by 2 days but had to change rooms as ours was booked for a long stay. New room on the lower floor by the pool, not as well decorated as the first and bed not so big :-( but still nice and lovely views. The rooms are all privately owned so decorated completely differently, the first room really had, had some money spent on it whereas the second was little more plain but as I say still nice.

We headed off to the beach, really busy! Found a spot by the pier and went to dip our toes in the atlantic, Alex went in deeper but with the dolphins by the pier doing great shark impressions soon came back to shore!



Alex went off taking photos while I sunned myself trying to get rid of the silly strap marks I had developed after days of wandering in the sun wearing vest tops.

Back to the hotel for lunch and then relaxed by the pool and caught up with some emails.

Alex joined the oldies in the tiki bar while I wen to do laundry, yes I know I am on holiday but hate dragging dirty clothes around with me!

I had asked for a Mojito but I guess it is not the most popular drink for the over 70s so ended up somehow with. Margherita, managed a few sips but reminded me too much of a bad Tequila experience back in the summer.

Went to the Dock Restaurant which was absolutely chocka, managed to get a table, ordered a Bud to wash away the tequila and browsed the menu. Many restaurants in Florida are definitely seafood biased which leaves Alex with less choice, so chicken for him and another Mahi Mahi for me. T be honest not the best meal we have had, lacking in a sauce really for both dishes but decent sized portions and fresh crunchy veg so part of the five-a-day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.396s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb