Adios Epic hola Miami


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
November 9th 2014
Published: November 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Woke at about 5am as the ship started to slow down, went on to the balcony to see the breathtaking sight of the Miami skyline as we slowly sailed down the entrance to the port. Think everyone was up early as so many people were out on ther balcony watching the view. Went back to bed and dozed for an hour before waking to see we had finally docked.

Our group was due to leave at 09.15 but we were ready early so said our goodbyes to cabin steward Thoha and made our way to deck six to walk off the ship for the last time.

Collected our luggage in the terminal and grabbed a cab to the airport to collect the car for the next phase of our vacation.

Signed for the keys for a cool silver Mustang convertible and began the jigsaw challenge of filling it with our luggage. One suitcase and a carry on in the trunk and the rest piled on the rear seat, luckily (or not) it was pouring so we had no desire to put the roof down.

Drove out towards Fort Lauderdale to find our hotel for one night closeto the shopping mall. It poured with rain like we have never seen, finally found the hotel but were too early to get in the room so dumped our luggage and headed to the mall. Now Sawgrass Mills mall is actually the size of Mojacar playa if not bigger. Predictably went crazy in Old Navy, Guess, Nike and many more. quick trip around Targe and a Starbucks coffee then off to grocery store Publix to buy food for our planned night chilling in our suite.

Our rooms were ready at the hotel so made a few trips with our luggage, long soak in a hot bath, caught up with some work and settled in for dinner. Mac n cheese for Alex and Chicken Noodle soup for me finished off with cheesecake and washed down with mini bottles of Cabernet. Eventually the huge marshmallow bed ate us up and we fell asleep.

No towel animals on land!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.727s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.4203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb