Last day onboard


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
November 8th 2014
Published: November 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Slept in later after a good night out. My cough was a little better after asking to have the AC disconnected in the room but Alex decided I should go to the onboard doctor rather than have to see one at great expense in the US. The South African doctor needed to work on nis bedside manner, maybe with so many unfit, overweight people onboard he had had his fill of sick passengers. Anyway after grilling me for taking my own antibiotics that I had with me and making me read an info sheet on antibiotic misuse, he begrudglingly gave me some medication and sent me on my way.

Grabbed breakfast before they closed and spent a couple of hours at Posh before going to see the International Epic Crew show in the theatre where a few crew members showed off their special talents, hosted by the amusng Armen, the cruise director. It was a great show and at the end a huge selection on officers and crew walked down the aisles and onto the stage, singing and clapping. Captain Frank gave a moving speech and everyone stood and cheered this wonderful team of hard working people who had fed, entertained, cleaned up after and sailed us safely across the Atlantic. As the audience left, the crew and officers clapped us out shaking hands and high-fiving as we left, it brought a tear to our eyes and made the prospect of packing ths afternoon even less attractive.

We had to pack our suitcases and leave then outside the cabin before 11pm so they could be taken off the ship for us, so packing was a challenge to make sure we had clothes to wear for the evening and to disembark tomorrow. Manged to get it done, settled our account and got ready for our last night onboard.

Kellie and Ben had made reservations at the Tepanyaki restaurant so we met for cocktails early. The Tepanyaki was a great experience, our own chef around a massive grill, cooking our food with fun and jokes and a lot of tossing food around! I had scallops and shrimp with fried rice, Alex opted for the sirloin beef and Kellie and Ben the surf and turf. All freshly cooked in front of use with a selection of sauces and dips, washed down with a Wasabi Martini or two!

Not keen to end the evening we had our last cocktails together in Maltings, chatted for while and then said our goodbyes. We had made great friends and will no doubt keep in touch via Facebook and hope to see them on a next visit to Vegas. Sadly went off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb