Converse and Keys


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key West
November 10th 2014
Published: November 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a quick shower and a cup of tea we checked out of the hotel, thankfully a sunnier day with good weather scheduled for our drive south.

Couldn't resist a final stop at the Mall as we had missed the Converse and Ralph Lauren stores yesterday. Alex did some damage in the Polo store and I couldn't choose between three pairs of Converse so bought them all! Alex wandered around Gap and I sneaked into Nine West and came out with a pair of boots.

Just about done with shopping (as if). We hit the road for the four hour drive down the Keys. The weather was beautiful and the views stunning. Alex took a turn at driving and we drove into the sunset.

As we approached Key West, I took over at the wheel, we turned on the GPS and found our hotel, the Lighthouse Court, right opposite the Hemmingway House. We were greeted by the very friendly Robbie on the front desk, unloaded our luggage and showered ready for a gentle night out. The hotel is a delightful Key style cluster of buildings around a pretty pool and mojito bar, all clad in wooden siding and our room was spacious with high ceilings and private porch overlooking the Hemmingway House.

Wandered the few hundred metres to Duval Street the main street in town and stopped in to see our old mate Jimmy Buffett at the famous Margaritaville! Well he wasn't actually there but he owns the place and lifesize photos are everywhere. Ordered a ' 5'Oclock somewhere' cocktail, named after one of his famous hits and Alex had a beer.

We weren't super hungry so I ordered spinach and artichoke dip and Alex had beef fajita salad. The food was delicious and the cocktail slipped down too easy but we were tired from shopping and driving so called it a night and slowly wandered back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb