Back in the U.S.A.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
June 8th 2010
Published: June 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kona at Gun CayKona at Gun CayKona at Gun Cay

Anchored out at Gun Cay, our last night in the Bahamas. Doesn't Kona look bummed?!?!
It is with mixed emotions that I write this blog. On one hand, we are bummed to leave the islands. We have truly loved this life, living on the boat and sailing throughout the Bahamas and the Caribbean. We have certainly seen some amazing things and met some wonderful people along the way, and every day is an adventure. There is also a slower pace out here in the islands which allow you to reflect on what is important in your life and connect with nature. And every island is beautiful. We have loved all the different anchorages and beaches and cultures everywhere we go and it has been so much fun to explore it all. So I am sad to leave this lifestyle behind.

But on the other hand, I am also very excited to be back in the States. We have been pushing ourselves so hard to get back home, taking ever weather window and sailing as fast as we can for the last two months. It is a long trek, well over 1,000 miles, which sure does take a long time when you only travel at 7 miles an hour- holy cow! So it is a great
Sailing Into MiamiSailing Into MiamiSailing Into Miami

Wow! Miami's skyline is quite impressive as you sail into Biscane Bay, but also a little overwhelming.
accomplishment to make it back to Florida and we were thrilled to make landfall in Miami. But let me tell you, Miami is a bit overwhelming. Everything is so big and so loud and so crowded here- it’s crazy! I admit that we have a bit of culture shock, which is understandable once we realized that it has been about 3 years since we have lived in the U.S. That’ a long time to be away. But it certainly is good to be back in the States.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Back in the U.S.A.Back in the U.S.A.
Back in the U.S.A.

So many cars and so many people- a little crazy driving around here in South Beach!
Time to CelebrateTime to Celebrate
Time to Celebrate

Jay and I are celebrating with burgers and a pitcher of a cold draft beer after making landfall in the States. Yohoo!!!


30th June 2010

YEAH! The Johnsons Are Back!
I know this is a bitter sweet homecoming. But all of your friends and family as so excited to have you back with us after all these years. What an adventure. But all adventures come to an end. . . so that we can have other adventures. Your years aboard the RumRunner will be with you and shape who you are for the rest of your lives. I'm just happy to have you back. :)
30th June 2010

Are we back to Texas yet
Ari told me you guy's are in texas all ready, is this tru?
1st July 2010

Texas
Yes, we are back in Texas now. Just a little behind on the blogs. Plan to write more and post the pictures of the final days of our adventure before closing the book on this blog.
1st July 2010

Welcome Home to the USA
Hi, You had a great time full of new discoveries and adventures.You will be able to live off of them for the rest of your lives.Glad you documented it all.Much Love ,Margie,Jackie

Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 155; dbt: 0.1668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb