Matt and Sam in Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
January 5th 2009
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The view out our Miami HotelThe view out our Miami HotelThe view out our Miami Hotel

Palm trees are nice...freeways are loud.
The night before we departed for South America we visited Zach and Jane’s house for our last sauna. It had warmed up 30 degrees…so now it was only zero outside, but the wind had started to blow so it did not feel any warmer, in fact, I think it was worse.

We were delayed on our flight out of Anchorage because the water had frozen onboard the airplane. (It seems as though Samantha and I can’t get away from frozen pipes even after leaving the cabin. The scary thing is that we brought the curse to Alaska Airlines.) They had to off-load the airplane, thaw the pipes, and then re-board. Thanks to a God given 160 mph tail wind, and a dead sprint through the Seattle airport…we made it. In fact Georgia is behind us and we are coming into Florida, 72 degrees, yehaw! Oh ya, Gretchen was our flight attendant so Samantha and I got hooked up with free digEplayers and breakfast which helped fuel the race through the airport. Thanks Gretchen.

-Break-

So it appears as though we out-ran our bags in Seattle. We are here in Miami for 24 hours but Alaska Airlines cannot get
Rolls RoyceRolls RoyceRolls Royce

I can't remeber if we rented this Rolls or took the airport shuttle. I think we took the shuttle :o)
the bags here before we depart for Buenos Aires...oh well. I called our insurance company travelguard and they allowed 300$ dollars to each of us to replace what we needed until our bags arrived. So far I am impressed with this company. We did not get to see much of Miami as most of the day was spent replacing necessary items and dealing with insurance and airlines...good times.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

We aren't in Wasilla anymoreWe aren't in Wasilla anymore
We aren't in Wasilla anymore

Samantha strutting her stuff at the VERY large Dolphins mall in Miami.
Matt shoppingMatt shopping
Matt shopping

We had to get some essentials before heading to Buenos Aires. Are these too short?
Samantha's new bagSamantha's new bag
Samantha's new bag

I yi yi...Mom would be proud.
WaitingWaiting
Waiting

No cell phone means hanging out waiting for insurance and airlines to call...I'm really not good at that.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb