Miami and Surrounds


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
September 8th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got to stay with my co-counselor Zach and His Family. They were exceptionally nice people and gave us a tour around coral gables. Coral gable has some of the nicest houses I have ever seen. They were massive. Once again we found ourselves on another spectacular beach. This time at Key Biscayne. We also got o hang out at one of America’s Glamour spots, Miami Beach. Where the shopping dreams of the rich and famous can be fulfilled and people watching is as interesting as anything else one can do.

Along our trip through Florida I had been in contact with most of my campers and organised to have a get together for all of them, both first and second session. About 17 of my 24 kids attended as well as a bunch of their parents. It was a great afternoon and unfortunately it will be the last we see any of those kids for quite some time. Once the afternoon was over it was off to Boca Raton to stay with Hayley's boss. Shari & Chris took us cycling behind their community which literally backed onto the everglades. We saw a good sized gator on the banks of a waterway. It was probably about 4-5 metres long so we were happy to have a steep embankment between us.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb