The georgeous Florida Keys


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys
September 6th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

7 mile Bridge7 mile Bridge7 mile Bridge

The longest of the Bridges connecting the keys
Florida Keys was next on the Itinerary. A chain of islands joined by a highway of bridges. Each island becoming more beautiful, the further into the carribean sea you went. Along the way to Key West, we stopped in at the Turtle Hospital where they house permanently injured residents as well as rehabilitate those where there is an option for release back into the wild. We arrived in Key West late afternoon and discovered that we could take a sunset cruise in the home of the Sunsets. This cruise also had the bonus of offering “complimentary” beer, wine and champagne. Not being shy of having a drink, Hayley and I got stuck into it. We also had the opportunity to captain the ship for about 15 minutes. If wasn’t all that difficult to keep the ship in a straight line, but it was very relaxing all the same. The time came for the sun to dissapear below the Horizon and the show certainly didn’t dissappoint as the Sky and the clouds lit up in rich shades of yellow and orange. On the way back to the harbour, a pod of dolphins also made a guest appearance alongside the boat. After the cruise it was off to dinner, where the quantities of bubbles quickly caught up to Hayley and a few steps and stumbles later, it was time to call it a night.

The morning after was definitely a slow one. It took us until midday to actually get going properly. We strolled down the main street of Duval stopping in a some shops and photo galleries, one of which was full of amazing shots. On our way back to Miami we stopped in at Bahia Honda State Park and what a treat it was. Beautiful white beaches with clear turquoise water was the setting for an afternoon of relaxation. All we needed was an esky full of beer, but unfortunately it was time to leave for Miami.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Hey there SkipperHey there Skipper
Hey there Skipper

This is how we do it, beer in hand.
The Southern Most Point of Continental USAThe Southern Most Point of Continental USA
The Southern Most Point of Continental USA

This point is actually closer to CUBA, just 90 miles away.
Bahia Honda State ParkBahia Honda State Park
Bahia Honda State Park

Gotta love that Caribbean Water


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb