So this is Miami (Beach)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
November 13th 2016
Published: November 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

YYZ to MIA to South Beach


Albion HotelAlbion HotelAlbion Hotel

Art Deco building
We landed in Miami yesterday and found the Albion Hotel in South Beach. This hotel is smack in the middle of the art deco section of Miami Beach. We took a tour that drove us through the various districts of Miami with our guide Fabio. While the city is not all that old it has developed into very distinct areas that are quite visible as you drive around. The most prominent area is the Art Deco area that is now like New Orleans and other older cities that have a society that protects the buildings. While the interior of the buildings can be renovated the facades can't be touched. We also found the other districts fascinating, Little Havana, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Little Haiti, the Jungle Island, Coconut Grove and Brickell.

After the bus tour we boarded a catamaran to tour the waterways around South beach and view the mansions on the waterways.

Returned to the hotel to relax around the pool before our pedestrian mall adventure. We needed to fortify ourselves with a GIANT margarita and then on to dinner. We found Quattro Gastrnomia Italiana. We shared a fondue from fontina cheese with truffles. Elke had the linguine with clams and I had Osso buco with saffron risoto. WOW! finished dinner with tiramisu and home made coffee gelato. Thanks to Chef Dario from Venice! (Used to work in Toronto).

Back to the hotel and get ready for boarding the ship tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Traditional Cuban SandwichTraditional Cuban Sandwich
Traditional Cuban Sandwich

From Bella Cuba. Smoked ham.Roasted pork, mayo, mustard pickle on a crusty bun
MansionMansion
Mansion

from the boat tour
Art DecoArt Deco
Art Deco

Along the pedestrian mall
Osso BucoOsso Buco
Osso Buco

braised veal shank with saffron risotto


Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb