Just a Quickie


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Kissimmee
April 5th 2017
Published: April 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We are presently waiting the arrival of our family: Lory, Jay, Sara Knapp and her girlfriend....name to be announced when I learn it. I think they left Elmira, NY @ noon.....coming into Sanford, Florida airport. Getting a rental car and driving here to Regal Oaks....a nice condo/apartment resort right next door to our RV park. We can easily walk back and forth. We can hardly wait for them to get here. It's been months since we have seen them. They will be HOT stuff when they hit Florida. Record breaking heat to happen today. Cory said it reads 102 on our outside thermometer. He's going to the pool! Welcome to Florida, the Sunshine State.

Yesterday, our goal was to go to Bar Harbor for lunch. Delicious once again. I am so going to miss my lobster roll when we go home. From there, Sam quietly suggested stopping by IKEA. Sounds good. We strolled through this massive store and I'm sure we still haven't seen it all. Cory & I took a little rest along the way. Cory found a bright green Turkish (Swedish?) bathrobe to try on....and then flashed Sam to keep him alert. FYI: the bathrobe cost $7.96---how cheap is that? Because we have member cards here (free), coffee is free and speciality coffees are dirt cheap. I had a couple Lattes and Sam had a couple Cappuccinos. Sandy had Coke and Cory had his free coffee. We watched a threatening black sky develop outside the enormous glass window we were sitting next to. Sam said it wouldn't rain. Splash! Splat! Boom! The rain came down in torrents. Thunder rattled us. So much for weatherman Sam...you're fired!

Eventually, it let up so we could move along down the pike. Next goal: free ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. A special freebie day. We found a store at the Loop. A line wound outside. It moved fast so soon we were slurping our tasty dairy treats down as fast as we could. You could pick any flavor: dish or cone. They were sizable, not just a teeny dab. Well worth the trek.

One more stop at Publix so Cory could finally use his rain check for Ruffles he got in January. Of course, they questioned the date but we explained they have not had this party size on the shelf until just now. Believe me, Cory has checked
Bar Harbor Bar Harbor Bar Harbor

Seafood Delights
routinely. He bought them all: 6 bags (BOGO) and could have had 2 more but they only had the six bags. Rats. He skipped merrily out of the store with his 6 bags of chips weighing down his arms. Life is good.

Once home, we settled in for the night. Soon there was a knock at our door. Sam came by and said a big group of Tropical Palms friends had gathered at Carolyn's and Bill's place. Okay...we grabbed our chairs and walked across our roadway. Not too many of our friends are left in the park now.....most have gone home to the north. Donnie stopped by...Lulu ran to be with him (best she could: no legs). He's everyone's favorite guy....especially Lulu's. He works here at TP. This place would not be the same if Donnie wasn't here. He is like "The Greeter"... always there to help anyone and give them a hardy welcome and howdy-do. It's nice to be able to still spend time with the few remaining, "make the most of our time here" campers like our ourselves.

Time to go now. Soon our RV will be alive and active when the family gets here. Be sure to stay with us because there will be new sights and places to visit with them. Oh, please.....we hope they don't want to go to the Magic Kingdom. But, whatever they want; we'll agree to anything. Just being with them will be all that we want. Join in on the fun, folks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Free Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry'sFree Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry's
Free Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry's

Line for the ice cream
Our park is looking emptyOur park is looking empty
Our park is looking empty

Where have all our friends gone?


12th April 2017

Love hearing from. Love the free robe

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb