Key West


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys
July 10th 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Woke up around 8 am and had coffee and OJ on the back porch. We had Whole Wheat blueberry waffles for breakfast. It is raining so we are going to drive to Key West (28 miles away).By the time we arrived the rain had stopped and the sun came out. It made it steamy. You really notice how much living right on the water with ocean breezes keeps the temperature cooler. We walked to the southernmost part of the US, and then walked around the town. Lola had worn her water shoes, and they began to cause a blister, so we found a store that sold flip flops and Jason bought her a pair. We walked to a restaurant and ordered lunch, yellow snapper, grouper and a hot dog for Lola. It was a funky place with all kinds of crazy stuff hanging from the ceiling and walls. Lola wrote her name on the wall. There was a blackberry nailed to a post with the word “Retired” below it. Jason bought Lola a silver necklace with a starfish…beautiful. She got a temporary Henna Dolphin tattoo. She picked out a pink flamingo toy; Jason and I bought some Key Lime cookies, he bought a hat. We were pretty far from out car and it was so hot and steamy, we rented a bicycle taxi and he took us back to our car. On the way back, the guys bought bait. They fished; Lola and I swam and then played “Who am I?”


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb