Returning to blogging... Dee's visit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jupiter
February 20th 2014
Published: March 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

My sister Denise arrived today to get out of the cold of NJ. She arrived on the evening flight so all we did the first day was go out for dinner and catch up. We found a wonderful Italian place with seating outside and even after dark it was warm enough to enjoy the beautiful air.

The next day we spent at the beach. The sky was a deep blue and there was a light breeze that made it perfect. We brought lunch with us so no need to move from the sand. I took some bird pictures, Dee knitted and we kept up our steady chatter.

That night on the way home we spotted an eagle nest but the lighting was terrible so I vowed to try another day for that perfect shot.

The followind day we went to a different beach a little further north and conditions were perfect for a swim. We frolicked in the waves for quite a while then came out and enjoyed the sun and 84 degree temps.

On the way back home the lighting was much better for shots of the eagle nest so I am including one here. This is the same place I took the eagle pictures while it sat in a tree, so it must have been guarding the nest.

On Feb 23rd we left Jupiter area and headed west to Fisheating Creek near Palmdale. It is in the middle of nowhere, we had to drive 14 miles to the grocery store...But what a beautiful place. Several people from FL that I camped with last year said I "had to do Fisheating" and sure glad I followed their advice. It is a nature lovers heaven.

Dee and I rented a canoe and explored the creek upstream and down as far as we could in the canoe. The water level is low so kayaks can still make the creek run but a canoe gets hung up quickly. It felt like we went back in time and were some of the first people to discover this new world. Great adventure...

Too soon it was time for Dee to head back. All good things must come to an end.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

we got too closewe got too close
we got too close

Ibus, Ibus and tri-colored heron


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb