At last.. a sign of life


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jacksonville
April 25th 2009
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jacksonville downtownJacksonville downtownJacksonville downtown

A bit of a dissappointment to be honest. Pretty deserted on the weekends, even with great weather. Everyone is at the malls or, hopefully, at the beach.
Hi Everybody,

I know, I know. No blog in ages... and everyone wondering if the Gators -- or the snakes! -- have finished us off.

It's hard to believe how busy you can be ... even when you're not officially working. Of course we are busy with exploring Florida and enjoying all our guests. Over the Easter holiday we were treated to a visit by Elizabeth (my wonderful daughter!) and by our great Norwegian friends, Kjell and Anne Britt. Great time on the beaches, in the surrounding towns, and even down to the Kennedy Space Center and Disneyworld. All very interesting.

Time seems to be moving faster and faster. At least we have heard that Spring has arrived back home in Sweden. Hurrah! We have just over 6 weeks left here.. and then a final week in Atlanta. Erik will be leaving in 3 weeks.. back to Sweden then on to London.

Life here is good. We feel so incredibly fortunate to have this opportunity to slow things down a bit and reflect on what is to come. It's been very good for all of us. The big challenge, of course, is to make sure that we maintain our new "lease on life" even when we return home.

The more immediate challenge is to get the snakes away from our house! We have a contract now with "Snakebusters" and they have been very helpful. Gators are fascinating, snakes something else altogether.

I will try to write again soon. We don't miss the Swedish winter or climate, but we do miss our friends!

Steve
Gunilla
Erik


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

1 down, 5 to go1 down, 5 to go
1 down, 5 to go

Our "snakebuster" service tries to save the snakes, but this one had to be killed, after its tail broke off in the guys hand!


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb