Day 22 - March 21st, 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jacksonville
March 22nd 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour mes amis:
Maintenant je suis un chien francais! NOT!!
We had a good day today. My masters got us on the road around 7:30 AM after eating the motel-provided breakfast! We stopped for gas and then began our journey north, which will eventually take us home. Other than noticing our northward direction by the map and road signs, one of the three of us is beginning to notice that she is feeling the cooler weather. I'll leave it up to you to decide who that one of our group is!
After a stop at a Florida Citrus Centre, we arrived at Keystone Heights. This was a highlight as my masters' good friend Burt Kettinger, met with them and ate lunch together. Burt gave my masters a tour of Park of the Palms Christian conference centre. Larry, the director, was going to offer them a room for the night, but when they mentioned that I was with them - it was a no go! It was really good to visit with Burt - he is a great guy! Besides that he can really sing, too! He is here as worship leader. This is apparently one of two continuous Bible conference still running in Florida. The other is Word of Life. It is a beautiful setting with great lodgings and they are developing a special section for those who are dealing with Alzheimers. They are working hard to really further develop this location. Keep it in mind for a future vacation!
After lunch we moved on to Jacksonville and checked into our Red Roof. While it has a few minor irritations, we will survive this one night!
The folks ate dinner at Panera Breads at Phil's suggestion! (Sorry no pic!) It was delicious and the folks enjoyed it.
Tomorrow we move over to Waxhaw, North Carolina.
Will write to you from there.
Benji


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd March 2008

What about a photo of Benji?
Hey Benji, thanks so much for all your updates. I just wanted to make one comment...I think it is about time that your masters included another photo of YOU in the blog! Love, Joy

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb