DAY21 - March 20th, 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clearwater
March 21st 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well - hello everyone!
It was the day of the game - the ballgame that is! Blue Jays vs Yankees! Actually my masters told me it wasn't much of a game! If you watched it, you know the outcome! My masters left in the 7th inning, to get ahead of the traffic. They said it was great to be part of the excitement of Knology Park. It was a sold out game and parking is very under provided for! Every lawn, driveway and other open land was being "sold" at $10.00 a pop! Dunedin really does it up big - police at the intersections - sheriff's people at the game along with full paramedic support! And of course, there was our entertainment - the guy flogging refreshments here in Dunedin was just about as entertaining as some of them in Rogers Centre!! All in all, my masters said it was a good outing. The regular players like Rios, Overbay, Zaun, Hill, Wells, left at the end of 6 innings and they were replaced by others with unknown names to my masters. Another neat thing they told me about was that Cito Gaston was there in uniform, signing autographs and sitting on the bench. Check out the pictures for some idea of what they saw!
When it came to be supper time, they went to Red Lobster. Only having a ballpark hot dog and drink for lunch, they were ready for a more substantial supper. So they enjoyed some good seafood.
Then it was back here to begin the packing-up process.
Tomorrow we move over to Keystone Heights near Gainesville, to meet with our good friend, Burt Kettinger. After lunch with Burt, we will move up to Jacksonville for an overnighter.
And also, tomorrow begins the homeward journey or should we say northward journey - back home! Environment Canada said today that we should expect 6 more weeks of winter. If that is true, we are looking at end of April. Can you believe it???
Here we have a red sky which promises a beautiful day tomorrow! We will take it as it comes both here and as we get back near home! My masters will make sure I am well looked after, so no worries there. After all, if they didn't look after me, I would let you all know and I am sure you would stand up for me!! You are the best!
Woof, woof until next time.
Benji!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb