Time to go to Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Gainesville
August 31st 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Emerald CoastEmerald CoastEmerald Coast

This stretch of Florida's Panhandle is littered with beautiful beaches, just like this one.
We drove a massive day to stay with friends in Gainesville taking approximately 13 hours. We picked up two riders off craiglist to contribute to gas, one went from NOLA to Tallahassee and the other joined us in Tallahassee till Gainesville. We also took a slight detour to drive by the Emerald Coast (in the Florida panhandle) and were rewarded with beautiful beaches but with a lot of development too. We stayed in the ‘Zen Hostel’ near campus, which ironically was anything but zen! Not a terrible experience in all but I wouldn’t go so far as to recommend it to others. Comfy room, door didn’t lock, weird staff, outdoor breezy shower and our beer went missing. I guess you get what you pay for! We caught up for a beer with our friend Alex that night and he was kind enough to drive us out to return our rental car too. As we’d been on the road for the whole day we gleefully embraced an early night. The next morning we caught up with a few people from camp for a long brunch at the Bagel Emporium. Alex, Jami, Anthony and Erika joined us for good food and we amused each other with comments regarding our wonderful waitress and the long wait for our dining experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb