Florida Trip - winter 2011/2012


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Myers
February 3rd 2012
Published: February 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post






Jan. in Fort Myers was good. We had a few cool days & nights, but mostly it was Sunny and 75-80’s during the day and 60’s at night.People we had met last year were glad to see us back and we met a lot of new people as well. We had coffee & donuts every Tues. morning, bingo every Wed. evening, a campfire every Friday evening, a pot-luck dinner, an ice cream social and to end the month a ‘welcome back’ party (funny since we were leaving).

..Jim managed to find flea-markets and yard sales every Tues, Wed, Thurs., Friday & Saturday. We even managed to ‘set-up’ at one of the flea-markets near our RV park, on one Sunday and again the following Friday, Sat & Sunday. Jim did quite well selling coins & silver and I left with a few extra dollars in my pocket as well! The flea markets all sell fresh fruits and vegetables. Nothing better than fresh Beefsteak tomatoes or fresh strawberries in Jan.!!

We had the opportunity, several times during our stay to visit with a couple of old childhood buddies of Jim's, one of whom lives
Bingo night at Fort MyersBingo night at Fort MyersBingo night at Fort Myers

I won once, Jim won twice....now he expects to win everytime!!
nearby and the other winters as one of his neigbors. I called them the '3 Amigos'.






Feb. 1st we said our ‘goodbyes’ and headed 4 hrs. Northeast to Clermont, Fl. The RV sites are a bit smaller here, so it is something we need to adjust to.

One of the reasons we wanted to try this place is because they have a restaurant in this park, which people ‘rave’ about. Every Tuesday evening is the ‘all you can eat chicken dinner’ and every Friday the ‘all you can eat fish dinner’. Everyone I have spoken to says it’s the best chicken & fish around. The office tells me that the line is ‘around the building’ at 3:30 in the afternoon for the chicken dinner and almost the same for the fish!! Today is Friday, so we will be trying out the fish for the 1st time.

Yesterday we went on a local vineyard tour and wine tasting. Jim bought several bottles of wine…funny how they ‘set you loose’ in the store after the wine tasting…we sampled at least 6 different wines and then everyone runs to purchase them.

pot luck dinner at the RV parkpot luck dinner at the RV parkpot luck dinner at the RV park

we seniors are always ready for free food! ( :
This morning we headed out early to a few yard sales….bought a few things, not much and nothing exciting.

I have included a few pics of things we have done. Will let you know how Feb. measures up in March, when we may be moving again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

an Orange Blossoman Orange Blossom
an Orange Blossom

...they are tiny clusters of white...but oh so fragrant!! Every air freshener should be orange blossom!
a local flea-marketa local flea-market
a local flea-market

..that's Jim checking out stuff.
fresh fruits and veggiesfresh fruits and veggies
fresh fruits and veggies

A whole room of them!!
Our set up at the flea-marketOur set up at the flea-market
Our set up at the flea-market

..this is a different flea-market than the one in the pics prior.
The 3 AmigosThe 3 Amigos
The 3 Amigos

Jim and two of his buddies (Pete & Guy) from the 'old' days!!
Tanks at the vineyardTanks at the vineyard
Tanks at the vineyard

..gotta say we were pretty 'buzzed' when we left!


8th February 2012

Florida trip
Linda and Jim - Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I'm so glad for you. Miss you. Love DEB

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb