March 18, 2023 – Where are Kisty and Steve?


Advertisement
Published: March 29th 2023
Edit Blog Post

March 18, 2023 – Where are Kisty and Steve?



We have been planning and planning for our first Trans-Atlantic in quite a while.

Kirsten instructed me to get the houses tightened up and under control because we’re slipping out of Winter Haven.

I know, I know, last October we snuck away and rode the rivers of Germany.

But this time, Kirsten decided to do a Trans-Atlantic cruise. However, instead of Spain or Amsterdam we’re heading to England. Yep, after watching Peaky Blinders, The White Queen and Outlander she wanted to touch one of those stones and do some time traveling.

Me, I’m tagging along to sample Fish and Chips and the beer and report back.

So, by 10 am the rental car was packed, and we were heading toward Ft Lauderdale.

Kirsten had booked a re-positioning cruise leaving from Ft Lauderdale. We’re stopping at Madeira, Casablanca, Santiago De Compostela ending in Southampton, England.

The ship is larger than other ships we have cruised on. This voyage has only 2000 guest where they normally carry 3600 plus guests.

Ok, after driving 3 and half hours, turning in the car, riding the shuttle to the port we are on the ship. Kirsten is exploring all the decks, finding all the restaurants, clubs, shops and checking out all the other guests. Me.... I’m sitting up top on the Lido deck, enjoying a beer.

Six ships are docked at the port, and I believe all are setting sail today.

It’s 4 pm, the ship horns begin blowing and it’s playing the Love Boat song. You know the one we all grew up watching ....The Love Boat....

We’re sailing away on the Love Boat. Kirsten walks up and hands me a sail away drink and asks Where you sailing to good looking.....



Love this girl.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



29th March 2023

Bon voyage!!!
GREAT TRIP IDEA! I looked into a repositioning cruise a while back, but we can't do this till I'm 100% free from UCF, which is happening very soon. Looking forward to more details!!!! (For some reason, I can't see any of your pics on this computer.) Hi to Kirsten, please!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb