Florida and going!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fernandina Beach
November 25th 2009
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Burrr...Burrr...Burrr...

Still a little cold, but we'll give it a try..
We are finally on the warmer side and back where palm trees grow, pelicans fly overhead and Dolphins swim along side of us. It feels so good to be back and have the tropics within reach. We have lost our tuques and parkas and have traded in for shorts and T’s. Things are going really well and we are making way as the weather permits.

We are now in Fernandina Beach, Florida, and our plan is to continue south along the Florida coast and then set sail off shore and cross around mid December or so. Keep watching our spot messages as to track our progress south at www.WeBeSailing.com and open the Spot tab.

Ok now for more the juicier side of things....

1) We have changed our destination for this winter

And

2) We have updated our web site with respect to the changes in our Charter grounds this winter.

By popular demand from our previous customers (and to save you a bundle on airfare costs), we have decided to hit the crystal clear waters and unblemished nature of the Exuma chain of Islands in the Bahamas.

We have already spent three previous
Daddy and his girlDaddy and his girlDaddy and his girl

Ahhh.. A father's love...
years in the Bahamas and are very much looking forward to returning to it’s unbelievable clear waters. So clear that you can easily see the bottom at 20 feet and if it’s really calm, can see to 50 feet without strain, as we sail along. Another great reason we love the Bahamas is for the Lobster hunting. This is one of the last places in the West Indies that you can hunt your own lobsters. How many of you have had the chance to hunt and catch your own gourmet dinner, only to feast on it of on the aft deck while watching the sun set over tropical islands? Not something you get to do everyday back home (we assume)!!!

It’s also an incredible place to snorkel and dive the many colourful reefs and wrecks of Spanish Galleons. Great fishing too... You can also walk along deserted beaches on uninhabited islands, as if you were Robinson Crusoe as a castaway in a lost place..

No need to be surrounded by tourist traps, as we depart for the Outer Islands. You won’t find crappy souvenirs made in Indonesia and there are no tourist t-shirts for sale! But don’t you
Can you see me?Can you see me?Can you see me?

I'm I not the cuttest little thing? I'm hiding....
worry.... you can buy all that stuff upon our return to the mainland, Nassau. One place called the straw market,, any thing Bahamian from local carvings to as many t-shirts, key chains and shooter glasses as you can buy!

Check the newly updated charter sections of our website (French & English) to see what it’s all about.

We plan to be in Nassau just before Christmas and start welcoming guest as soon as Saturday Dec 26th. So if you’d like to bring in the new year with us in style, drop us a note and book your dates fast!

By the way.... WE ARE ON PROMOTION AND HAVE DROPPED OUR RATES to $ 695.00 p.p/week (for a limited time), so hurry before it’s too late!!! The lobsters are waiting!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Self serve !!Self serve !!
Self serve !!

The milk buffet is now open...


26th November 2009

Good to hear
Hey good to know you are both still alive and not freezing your asses off in the open waters. Change of plans sounds great, not like it matters, who is gonna complain about kicking in in ANY tropic body of water! Hope you guys are having the time of your lives and all your ebay gear is working wonders. Keep the updates coming.
30th November 2009

Hey dingleberry... That sucks! We would have loved to have you vacation with us instead. Keep us in mind for next time (or a second winter vacation). Westjet has some pretty mean seat sales... Keep an eye out! Miss you lots and would love to hook up with you. Don't think we'll be in DR this winter... probably the spring though... Never know?!!? Love U XOX :)
1st January 2010

Hati Bound!!
Hi Guys, this is the big year for Voyager, I am Hati bound and beyond! Your web site is great, full of useful info. and I certainly will stay current with your travels. Hope we can meet up somewhere out there and stop long enough to tell some lies. VoyagerEd

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb