Daytona Race Week


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Daytona Beach
February 14th 2016
Published: February 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

First things first: I'm sorry I whined about the cold weather in Jax in my last post. You folks up north must be freezing your butts off this weekend while we languish in the relative warmth of mid-60's and contemplate our bike rides in between races for the week. Sure glad we are here.

Yesterday we said goodbye to Jacksonville after a quick weekday ride to St. Augustine and moved the Roadancer show to Daytona Beach for Race Week. We are in a KOA about three miles from the track. While they pack'em in during race week and bike week it is understandable, this is their "Black Friday" month before the stifling summer heat and humidity starts and it's to nasty to even think about camping. For the most part everyone is here for the same reason and we are all just happy to be where it is warmer. It's a nice RV park that is run by a great bunch of folks that were a great help getting us backed into this site. Thought I would put in a couple of pics to show you what "camping" is like for all of us old folks on the road. It is certainly not what you would call roughing it. Add to this free cable, electric, and WiFi and you can begin to see why so many have sold everything to take up a life on the road. I'm not sure we are ready for that right now, but I can sure see the appeal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th February 2016

Daytona Days
Great Blog the last couple weeks. Enjoy all the pictures. Was nice to see you were able to visit Zac. Get some good pics of the races and some autographs too. 9 inches of snow today, be careful not to get too sunburned and make us all want to come visit you. Keep having fun.
15th February 2016

Must be getting tired of the snow
9 more inches, I feel sorry for you guys. got a picture of a snowman from Tony Jr. We are having a great leisurely time Doc but we almost got run over yesterday on Highway 4. Will not get back on that road with the bike EVER . Hope you and Beth are well. Looking forward to the races this weekend.
16th February 2016
Just can't get away from these Steelers Fans

It's all about the Nation
I could have told you that. Steeler fans represent wherever they go.
16th February 2016
Just can't get away from these Steelers Fans

Great pizza
They can be forgiven for their lack of taste in football teams since they made a great pizza.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb