Daytona Beach, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Daytona Beach
November 20th 2009
Published: November 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Left St Augustine at 7:00 and got to Daytona about 2:30. Nice day. Bill, Doug's friend rode with us. We had to take him to the marina so his wife could pick him up so decided to stay an extra night. I'll be here until Sun morning.

After much cussing and elevated blood pressure I got the file from Garmin to upload to an SD card. Now I am trying to load it on my chart plotter. It seems to be stuck. If it doesn't work at least there is a West Marine store within walking distance.

Bill and his wife Nancy live outside of St Augustine. They met us in St Augustine last night and took us to dinner at a nice place they knew on the ICW near the city. We ate outside on the deck looking at the sunset and Nancy talked us into a few Rum Runners which now may be my favorite drink. Then we talked Bill into riding with us to Daytona. We all three loaded into the dinghy after dark and found our way back to the boat which was anchored about 100 yds from the dinghy dock and proceded to have a shot or two of Jamersons Irish Wiskey. Bill had a restless night on the little couch but seemed to have a good time riding for the day. Nancy picked us up at the marina and Doug took us to dinner at an Italian restaurant in Daytona. Very enjoyable and pleasant people. I hated to see them go. Hope to see them again on the way back north.

Tomorrow we pick up the rental car, go get supplies and I need to get an oil extractor to change my oil. Don's work is never done on the boat. Sat. I take Doug to the airport n Orlando for him to head back to Wilmington to pick up his car and head back to Richmond. I hope to leave on Sun and get to Vero Beach to have Thanksgiving dinner with friends from Salt Ponds who have a winter house in Vero, if the weather coorperates.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb