Brunswick, GA to Clermont, FL


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
January 26th 2017
Published: January 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Arriving in Thousand Trails, Clermont, FL

From Wildwood, FL to Clermont took about an hour and half and I met Kat in the Publix parking lot about 11 am. We did a little grocery shopping then waited til 11:55 and headed for the gate. Much to our surprise there was no line so we got our papers and headed for the rec hall parking lot. There were several rangers escorting the new campers to a site in their desired neighborhood and the process went beautifully. Kat and I have sites back to back with the restroom and laundry just across the street. Ginnie's site is just a short walk down the street, Easy Street, so we are in perfect places.

We got settled and spent the afternoon talking to Kim in the shade of our big tree between our campers. It was just delightful.

We went to happy hour in another section where there were about 16 other campers, some we knew and others we didn't. Always fun listening to stories of others, places they have been, adventures they have had.

I settled in my camper for the night, had dinner and went to bed.

This morning Watson and I woke about 6:30 so by 7 Watson was ready to go out, and boy am I glad we did. The sunrise was beautiful, picture.

We had plans to meet Joanne, a friend for several years who was camping in a Disney park. She took the bus to meet us at Disney Springs. We decided to have lunch at the Blues Club but we had to take the boat across the lake to get there, oh what a shame. It was a beautiful ride and we arrived into another world, looking like New Orleans.

Lunch was delicious then it was desert time. The only place that was going to happen was in the Giordellie store. Great ice cream with hot fudge on top was Kat and my pick, Kim had ice cream with caramel sauce, walnuts and 2 free cherries. Ginnie had a spoon and helped us devour the delicious treats. .

We said good-bye to Joanne then headed home.

When I got there my propane detector was blaring away. I have had issues with it for 4 days, going off in the middle of the night, or random times during the day. I contacted the PleasureWay company and they are sending a new detector to a local dealer who will install it on Feb 3rd. In the mean time a friend of ours, Larry, came to the camper and cut one of the wires to the detector, wrapped it up and silenced the monster. OH, a peaceful nights sleep tonight. Thanks Larry!

Tomorrow we have allocated as a rest, organize and clean day. Hooray.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb