Wine Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
February 5th 2016
Published: February 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wine Day

I slept in and missed the launch. There was a Saturn rocket that launched from the Cape at 8:38 am carrying a GPS satellite and of all days to sleep in it had to be this one. The rocket was just a speck but there was a vapor trail and I was here in FL and missed it, poo.

It was very brisk this morning but it felt good to walk since it was cool so Oscar and I made a large loop around the campground. Back at the camper I read some e mails then sat in the sun and read my book for about 1/2 hr til it was time to head to the winery. It was about 25 min from here and we were able to get on the next tour after just a short wait. We watched a short video then walked onto the 2nd floor porch to view part of the vineyard. Then we walked through the bottling area and downstairs to the all important tasting bar. There was a list in front of us with a description of each wine and it's price. We were served a taste of each wine, swirling, sniffing and observing as we saverd the goods. The dryer wines were very good with quite an aroma and fruity taste. The sweeter wines were made from a local FL grape, the Muscadine grapes, that grows well in this warm climate but are too sweet for most wines so they are blended with a dryer grape.

The best part of the whole experience was that it was buy one case get one free. It boiled down to about $6.00 a bottle, sure can't beat that. Kim and I split the sale so I only have one case of wine to drink. OH dear..

By the time we got back it was dog walk time with a jacket on. The wind was much cooler as the sun started to go down.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Sea World at 8:30 AM. Must set the alarm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 98; dbt: 0.176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb