Seven States on...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clearwater
September 5th 2008
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The sights over the last week or two have been fantastic. The trip through the deserts of Utah and Arizona were particularly splendid. The grand canyon, Bryce Canyon, The Canyonlands, The Arches, Grand Escalante, all were explored during 100 degree plus heat. Driving from New Mexico (which is a hole full of jibbed indians trying to flog dream catchers) stopping off at Roswell (no Aliens but lots of freaks) we arrived In Texas. We enjoyed an evening at Billy Bob's (the worlds largest honky tonk) where we crooned along to country and drank weak beer with cowboys.

We sat for three hours in Austin waiting to behold the specatacle that was North America's largerst bat colony emerging to feed from Congress Bridge. Three hours later and Claire was anemic having been eaten alive by mosquitoes and discovered that the bats no longer resided under the bridge and had moved onto mexico.

The plan was to take in the Southern States of Alabama and louisianna however Gustav put pay to that and we sat in traffic along with some redneck evacuees while Ron tried to control the road rage. The whole area was chaos, no lights, gas or amenities, leading to very nearly running out of fuel in a trailer park swamp and having to urinate whilst illuminated by the traffic!...joy.

Twelve hours and five states later, foul moods prevailed. We are now in better moods in Florida and are heading to orlando to enjoy some Disney fun tommorrow.

Rons beard has gone. Our first major falling out was because I was too ashamed to leave the motel with him still modelling a new handlebar moustache and sideburns. He was very fond of the look (country and western kiddy fiddler meets rapist trucker) but was finally convinced to part with it after much anxst and tears, he swears he is going to grow another one.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



8th September 2008

moustache
Moustache looks great. Helen won't let me have one either! I would have kept it for one day at least.
11th September 2008

nice 'stach goofball
Huh - Claire...why do you put up with this doofus? I agree with you 100%, I wouldn't want to be seen in public with him either. Thank God Claire had the guts to tell you how stupid you look. However, it would have been nice to blackmail you later sporting that ridiculous thing. Oh, by the way - Mickey Mouse is a pedophile. Enjoy Disney World you capitalist, Western, Infidel scumbag.

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb