Falling Waters State Park, FL


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Chipley
June 1st 2013
Published: June 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are located just S. of I-10 and about 50 miles N. of Panama City Beach. Here at FallingWatersState Park huge trees and fern-covered sinkholes line Sink Hole Trail and a boardwalk that leads to Florida's highest waterfall. (Unfortunately dry at this time) Falling Waters Sink is a 100 -foot deep, 20-foot wide cylindrical pit into which falls a small stream that drops 73 feet to the bottom of the sink. The water's final destination remains unknown. Only a few miles south of I-10, the park provided us with a quiet, serene stop on our journey west. We watched beautiful native and migrating butterflies in the butterfly garden, and had a nice lake to take a dip but didn't partake. At 3:00PM we were invited to a Free Concert "Chosen Few" Gospel Music and fellowship. It was a great time but we now are getting ready for tomorrow and our ride through Alabama and Mississippi and then stopping on the North Side of Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana.




.




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



1st June 2013

Concert
No pics of the concert then?
1st June 2013

Fallling Waters State Park
I somehow got the idea you are at Falling Waters State Park. Looks beautiful! Enjoy.
2nd June 2013

Looks like a great place! Enjoyed the pictures. I will keep that spot in mind on our next trip out east. Thanks for the updates as you continue down the road. See y\'all soon!
2nd June 2013
Falling Waters State Park

Great pix but Will is always taking pictures of the same lady.

Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb