Ron Jon Resort


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent the last week at the Ron Jon Resort in Cape Canaveral, which is near Cocoa Beach and Kennedy Space Center. World famous Ron Jon Surf Shop has a resort and it's nicely set up for a family to relax on and near the beach. Although the Resort is advertised as beach front, the main building is a short walk from the beach. They get away with calling it beach front because they have a second (smaller) building closer to the beach.

The main attraction of the Resort is the large pool area that features a water slide, lazy river, and seperate large pool to satisfy anyone's preference while soaking up the sun's rays and keeping cool. There is a pool side bar and grill that is perfect for ordering food and drinks while you spend a day at the pool.

The beach is near the Port Canaveral Inlet where the large cruise ships come in and out from their exotic ports. The beach is narrow and has a coarse darker sand, usually some seaweed clumped on the beach, but still a beautiful beach for morning walks, laying in the sun, or playing in the waves. There is a life guard station and regular beach patrols due to the location so close the Space Center.

If you are lucky enough to be staying here during a shuttle launch, you will have a spectacular view point. The shuttle recently made its way back from a California landing, piggy back on a jumbo jet and it passed directly over the beach during its approach for landing back at KSC.

I would highly recommend the Resort for your stay in central florida, especially when you want to visit KSC while you are here. You will be just minutes away from the entrance of KSC. Then when you are ready to travel to Orlando, you can take convenient SR528, a direct toll-road that will have you in Orlando within 30 minutes.

By the way, I recommend Asteca II, a mexican restaurant while you are visiting Cocoa Beach. This is a local restaurant we have been going to for decades and it is really good food and even better margaritas!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb