Joggers,guns and hamburgers


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well apolgies first off for the lack of photos, we have taken some but being a bit slack at sorting them out. Yesterday was good, Washington is really quiet and really clean!! something quite erie about it. Don't quite know what I was expecting but it just seems a bit sterile. And people jog everywhere, in the heat, talk about nuts.

Went on this rubbish free tour last nite to some arts display put on by the hostel. Somekind of martial arts thing which looked more like morris dancing to us. Met a few lads though so it wasn't a complete waste. They made us feel quite old and posh though cos they were all young students. Walked back with this one guy called Ben, who I think was more interested in Nath than me. Come to mention it Nath has recieved quite a few glances 😊

Decided to "walk" round the whole of DC today, which is actually quite big, but hey saved us a few dollars! Went to the Natural History Museum which was ok, all a bit simple really, felt like we should have been given a colouring in book when we arrived . Best part was the IMAX theatre, which was unfortunatly the only bit that wasn't free.

Something important seemed to be "going down" in DC today, there were police with guns (and not just hand guns but huge bloody machine guns) everywhere. Asked this police woman about whether the visitors centre was open and becuase her partner had his back to us she told him to "watch his back" as we were stood right behind him, talk about paranoid. Turns out Obama was doing something in the Capital building. Didn't get to see him but think Nath was chatting to Elton John at one point.

My personal hihglight of the day was walking past the FBI building, brinign back memories of X-files. Wanted to be "hilariously original" and ask if Mulder was in, but figured given it was 10 years ago we might look a little stupid. Anyway, we walked all day and are now wishing we'd paid the stupid amount of money for the tour bus. so now we're sat in the hostel watching Chris Rock swear about... well everything. After eating our hamburgers from a 50's style burger joint for dinner im now feeling rather american. All I need now is to be asked to say "bath" to bring me back down to earth.

see ya'll

Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb