Day 47 - Contiki Day 25


Advertisement
Published: August 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up in time to catch the coach into DC at 9:00.
we got dropped outside the Smithsonian Castle again and walked round to the Holocaust Museum. We had to line up to get a ticket to get in, our time was for 10:30.
We went in, its was veryyyyy sad but very well set up. We stayed here for just under 2hrs, watching the videos and reading all boards and looking at all the photographs.
After this, we headed over to the National Museum of American History.
In here we saw The original flag that inspired the American National Anthem, The Star Spangled Banner. It was huge, and under guard as you were allowed to take pictures of it.
We then headed into the Popular Culture section of the museum where we saw the original Ruby Slippers that Judy Garland wore in The Wizard of Oz.
We also saw Kermit the Frog and Oscar the Grouch, Muhammad Ali's Boxing gloves, and a set of the boxing gloves from Rocky II.
We then made our way next door to the National Museum of Natural History. We went in and saw some of the dinosaur bones and various other things but our main reason for visiting this museum was to see the Hope Diamond.
Its 45.52 carats.... huge!!!
We then made our way over and around to the National Archives. We went in to see the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights etc but it was gonna take at least an hour to line up just to see it so we gave up.
We made our way out to meet up with the other Michelle to head out to Pentagon City... Shops.
We had some lunch, Panda Express for me with Mandarin Chicken, fried rice and Beijing Beef... mmm. We then headed into Forever 21 (love this shop!).
We then caught the metro back, this time all the way out to Cheverly where our hotel was and we got the free shuttle back to the hotel from there.
We had a short amount of time to get ready before we were getting dropped off out at Arlington at an Irish Pub for an included dinner. Chicken Ceaser Salad for me.
We had dinner, some did karaoke but a lot of us made our way back to the hotel by about 11pm as we all had to repack our suitcases and get some sleep to prepare ourselves for the crazyness that is New York City!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

National Museum of American HistoryNational Museum of American History
National Museum of American History

Mohammed Ali's Boxing Gloves
OUT in DCOUT in DC
OUT in DC

Loz, Marn and Me
OUT in DCOUT in DC
OUT in DC

The girls doing in karaoke


Tot: 0.474s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb