Washington DC


Advertisement
Published: April 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another day in DC and the protesters of circumcision were still on capital hill!! 2day however was not a short wearing day!! First 2day we went 2 union station and got our tickets 2 Charrlotsville, Virginia 4 the next leg of our trip.
After that we walked down 2 the capital and through the National Mall 2 the holocaust museum. The holocaust museum was very good and gave a thorough run up 2 how it happened but it also contained lots of personal stories all different but all harrowing. The only problem was that the museum was very crowded and u sometimes had 2 bypass things due 2 large congregations of crowds (mainly kids!!). I came out of the museum 2 find that the heavens had opened and rain was pourind down on the streets of DC. Headed back up 2 the hostel via Borders bookshop, where i showed self restraint and didn't buy ne comic books. Neway we've done r laundry and not 2 sure what 2 do 2morrow as our train don't leave till 6:30 p.m.
2morrow we head off 2 Charrlotsville 4 a couple of nights, our stay here is mainly 2 prepare ourselves 4 our trek in2 the shenendoah national park, which we hope 2 hit on monday and spend 5 days on the trail. We need 2 pick up certain things and learn more about the do's and don'ts of backpacking this region. Lookin 4wward 2 a bit of trekin, just hope were prepared and don't run in2 ne bears... or rattlesnakes!!
Well i guess i'll see u all in Charlottesville, Virginia!!
Peace

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb