Washington DC Part 2


Advertisement
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well day number 2 in DC and my first day wearing shorts... slightly premature maybe but the weather is gettin better!!
2day got up and headed 2 the national mall. We walked 2 the Capital building, where they have congress and all that. The buildin in itself was really amazin and just seemed 2 emmit power. However there were some protesters on the lawn. Now i'm all for protestin but these guys were protestin against circumcision... ok i will admit that i am not fully up 2 date on circumcision issues and the arguements surrounding it, but i am pretty sure that there are more important things 2 protest about: war in the middle east, global warming, starving people in 3rd world countries. I think these guys were just avoidin employment! Shoulda gone 2 Mcdonalds asked 4 a few application forms and handed em out 2 the protesters... i'm sure that would have got them mad!!
After seein people waste there time we went 2 the national air and space museum, which housed some impressive stuff and was kinda fun in a childish "turn the knobs and push the buttons" interactive kinda way, but felt that i didn't really learn much (i know alot...)
Well after the above museum went next door 2 the Native Indian American Museum as i don't really know much about it and would quite like 2 learn about these people. And it was quite good. Told u about there beliefs and the stories which they came from (a woman sleeping with a beaver and giving birth 2 a beaver child for example...) Also learnt about how they were tryin 2 keep there culture going in modern society and how they have 2 walk a fine line between wantin money and keepin there heritage.
Also ate some of there culture in the form of buffulo chilli and corn bread and a bundt cake, culture tastes good.
After that had a bit of a potter round the national mall and the sculpture garden and headed back 2 hostel.
Another day in DC 2moz so i'll probs check out the holocaust museum if i have time.
I'll keep u informed.
Peace

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb