Bored in DC...


Advertisement
Published: September 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Whitehouse...The Whitehouse...The Whitehouse...

we got to the whitehouse, and couldnt figure out why it looked so different in real life from when we had seen it in pictures etc, we then realised that we were actually looking at the BACK of the whitehouse!
...and homesick 4 miami!!!
Guys if you ever feel the urge to go to Washington DC you can do it in a day. we are here for 4 days and thats way to long...we saw everything there is 2 see in a day and now we have nothing much to do!
we actually almost booked a flight back to Miami, but then decided to stick it out 😊

checked out the white house, the washington monument and the reflecting pool and lincoln memorial which is featured in the forrest gump movie - the bit where he makes a speech?? and runs after jenny?? Its interestin, but boring.
Might see if I can bump into the Bush (george that is) and get him to take us out 2 dinner...how funny would that be?

dont know what we are going to do for the next 2 days. we are actually just hanging out for Jess to join us again. However if it wasnt for her i think that we would definitely have packed our bags and gone back to Miami, but we decided that we couldnt really ditch her in DC (well, not just yet anyway...!!)




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

the FRONT of the whitehouse!the FRONT of the whitehouse!
the FRONT of the whitehouse!

Hi George!! if u look really closely in the top right handside window u can see him...
check out the reporters...check out the reporters...
check out the reporters...

...camped out in the grounds of the whitehouse, just waiting for the next big story. p.s - u cant actually see george in the previous photo!
The Washington MemorialThe Washington Memorial
The Washington Memorial

all the memorials in DC are huge, and are built for dead presidents...we figure its one huge competition to see who can build the biggest, ugliest memorial ever!
chinatown DCchinatown DC
chinatown DC

this place is a bit nuts, however its not nearly as bad as the one in NY
the FBIthe FBI
the FBI

ohhhh...im at the FBI. Choice!!
the FBI buildingthe FBI building
the FBI building

i was all keen to do a tour of the joint but they stopped doing them after 9/11. so gay!
the most exciting part...the most exciting part...
the most exciting part...

...about our trip to DC was watching the building next door to our hostel being destroyed!what a job! - i was all keen for them sticking a bit of dynamite under it and blowing it up, but it didnt happen!


26th September 2005

Washington
Should have gone to the museums - they are all free and huge (as is the zoo)
28th September 2005

Yeeaah
Well at least you can say you got bored in the Capital City of the Richest Nation in the World. My kids are tripping at your photos cause they know all the places from playin Midtown Madness which is based in DC. They are fascinated by all your journals and I hope it inspires them to travel like you. They will have to learn to curb their appetites and stop eating at Otara Bakeries everyday first though huh. Much Love Carina and bye for now.

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb